My Cousins Dog Isn't Well.

Guest xxgreyhoundsxx

Guest xxgreyhoundsxx

Rosie, isn't well. We have just found out today. She was very quiet and didn't drink anything. Then she started pooing and vomiting blood. Is this serious?

Guest Winterwish

If she is not in the hospital,she needs to be by now.

I'd say that would be serious. Once they have a cause,hopefully they can begin to help her. :hope

I'd say it is serious. If a dog is off its feed that will wait until tomorrow. If a dog has a history of colitis and has a bit of bloody poop but tis drinking and not in distress, that could probably wait a few hours. If a dog won't drink and is vomiting and pooping blood that would certainly merit a trip to the E-vet. I know I am paranoid, but that is what happened to my first grey and despite going to the e-vet we lost her to Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia within 48 hours. A Coombs test might be in order.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest xxgreyhoundsxx

She's stop vomitting etc. She's on a drip and still can't stand up. She's being kept in overnight. Vets don't know what it is yet but say it's serious. My sister asked whether the condition could be life threaterning and they said yes potentially, but that she's in the right place. Her vaccinations are up to date, which is good, but we're all so worried.

Guest greytexplorer

It may be HGE

Have you read another post-topic about this?

4 days at the vet on IV drip with antibiotics usually does the trick, if indeed it is HGE.

Best,

Pat

Oh thank goodness she is doing better! Continued prayers for Rosie and her family. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.