Please, Good Thoughts For Sprite

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Just to celebrate a little bit more of sprite (How can you resist?)

Sprite in birthday regalia (lucky 13!)

NovemberHullabaroo3.jpg

Sprite flushing out a rabbit

Birchwold7.jpg

Thinking of all of you!!

She had a bandage change today and vet nurse said it looks good, but there still was some drainage from

the drain so they left that in. One of the staff dvm's looked it over. Her surgeon fit her in monday before

a mini vacation. We go monday at 11:45 or the next change and probable drain removal then.

her spirits are high and she is tolerating her meds well except for not wanting to eat her kibble. So I made

something of a meatloaf concotion for her. She loves it and Lottie was trying to get some of the good

smelling beef, oatmeal, total cereal, eggs, and garlic mixture. I included a handfull of kibble to tonight's

dinner and will add more tomorrow, hopefully getting her back onto mostly kibble by monday

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Today she practically wolfed (as well as a toothless hound can wolf) down the ground chicken given to me for her by Mom2sweetpotatoes. I did mix in some oats and cereal and just a bit of garlic.

I have some chicken nugget/raw food stuff to have given to her for lunch, and then either beef heart or more chicken for dinner. Probably chicken and the beef for breakfast.

I will mix kibble back in when she is off the extra pain meds and the antibiotic.

She has become a master of taking a mouthful of food and getting the meat off and dropping the kibble out. Which both Red and Lottie like, but not good for when i am trying to get the calories into her. I will have to try buttered toast.

Thanks again Kerri.

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Ahhh, that's good to hear! Glad she's eating again. Penny says Beef hearts all day everyday. She gets po'ed when the veggies are mixed in. Let me know when you need more.

They took the drain out today. Looks good. A few stitches removed too!

They added more padding around her elbow so she is doing a western walk, swinging the leg out and around

since she cannot bend the elbow.

Kerri's healthy foods are bringing her weight back up, but we need to stuff extra calories into her so she got

a Wendy's jr bacon cheeseburger today, and 3/4 my order of fries and two bites of my grilled chicken.

She also ate her full supper which had more straight beef heart than chicken/cereal/veggie mix and she loved

it, almost licked the bowl clean.

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

I've been feeding Foxy peanut butter sandwiches between meals. I also add some to her kibble if she isn't interested. :lol

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

OMG...I am so sorry that Sprite is having to go through this...but my gosh she is sooooooooo gorgeous and brave and she looks like she is doing so well after surgery! You are such an inspiration sweetie girl. Sending prayers and gentle hugs for a swift recovery. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest paulamariez

Oh poor poor Sprite. What a horrible thing to contend with. I'm sending lots of love, light and prayers to Sprite for a quick and complete recovery!

day 8 since surgery.

Parents took her to vets office since there was swelling in her foot, more so than usual after a bandage change.

He surgeon actually had time for more than a peek, and talked to the parents. They didn't call with an update

so i figured tht they just did a bandage change or lossened it.

So what do I see when I get home:

sprite_-_elbow_lump8_days_post_surgery_2007_0071.jpg

and

sprite_-_elbow_lump8_days_post_surgery_2007_008.jpg

and finally

sprite_-_elbow_lump8_days_post_surgery_2007_009.jpg

:thumbs-up

WOO HOO now i have to find a sock so she cannot lick it all night or test out the bitter apple spray

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Wow! That looks like it's healing wonderfully! :yay: I didn't see this thread until today, and was very saddened by the "before" pics. Glad she's feeling better! :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I had to wrap Sprite's elbow last night as the hard point of the elbow was red and irritated. I put on some double antibiotic ointment then a gauze pad and then the elastic bandage. I then had to repeat the process of my father as he'd fallen and cut his elbow earlier in the day and had bled through the band-aids (he's on coumadin).

this was after getting home from taking Red to the vets and getting his epilepsy addressed. He had another seizure tuesday afternoon, then one at 2:45 am wed. Sigh. So we upped his Phenobarb from 100mg bid to 200mg bid for 5 doses then down to 150mg bid with prn diazepam for when he does seize. one tab (10mg) as soon as he is out of the post ictal phase then another 8 hrs then 16 hrs later.

This am Sprite ate her whole breakfast, it was 3/4 cup of kibble (california natural chicken) and half a beef heart patty.

Tonight it was a cup of kibble and the other half of the beef heart patty. She only left a few pieces of kibble for Red to clean up.

breakfast will be a bite or two of beef heart, ground chicken and a cup of kibble. No veggies or other mix ins.

Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers.

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Nancy she is looking great. Much better than last time. :bighug for you all. Keep healing Sprite. We love you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest argolola

God bless you Nancy. You will all be in my prayers (I can sympathize with your dad, as I just got off Coumadin.) Sprite looks wonderful.

Lola wants to know more about the beef heart patty (where do you buy them, are they cooked, etc.) She's very interested...lol.

Guest EmbersDad

great googly moogly..she looks sooo much better woohoo...and the ets and smile could warm even the coldest heart. u go girl!!!!