It's D-day.....

Guest Jay

Well... my name's jay... I'm REALLY creative with my screenname :blush

I've been wanting a greyhound for years... and today's the day I actually get one! Barb w/ COGR will be here around 4 with Krackel in tow =)

I'm all about sharing crap over the internet with strangers, so don't be mad if I decide to whore the place up with pictures!

It's almost 3am... 13 hours to go.... i'm so excited haha!

(oh, am I suppose to tell more about myself? maybe later :blink: )

Edited by Jay

Guest rememberingSadi

Hi Jay! You must be excited (hence this hour) :lol that you can't sleep. ;) Congradulations and there's just one rule. You can't post telling about her/him without pics! :lol I can't wait to see her! :)

Guest rememberingSadi

WOW! Stunning! Love the coloring! :) I just woke up, almost time for the hounds breakfast! ;) They eat early around here, and they don't know the difference between week mornings and Saturdays. :rolleyes:

Guest PhillyPups

Welcome Jay and Krackel. Love the name for your stunning hound. I Love the dark brindles. :wub:

I know your excitement. I did not sleep the night before I picked up my Runner, and was 1 hour early at the vet to pick him up. :)

I also did not sleep the nights before I got any of my others from excitement. Please keep us posted.

Not only is he gorgeous.... He's a Scorpio like me :D

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest DoneRacin

:welcome:yay:yay:confetti:confetti

Hi Jay! Congratulations on your new baby, I can hear the excitement in your words! Your greyhound will fill your life with devotion you never knew existed!

Pictures? We LOVE pictures and I can see why you couldn't wait to show us one! Your Iggy Beau is absolutely gorgous!!!

:wub::wub::wub::wub: I am in luv!!!! Enjoy your new friend!! Wishing you MANY years of happiness!

** Okay, I had to edit! I thought the greyhound you were getting was named "Iggy Beau"!! I must have missed a post! What is Iggy, an iguana? So, when I said "Your Iggy Beau is gorgous I was talking about Krackel"!!!! And that name is fitting, he sure does put the "Krackel" in "Snap, Krackel & Pop!!!!"

Edited by DoneRacin

Your greyhound looks so cute and handsome and everything else that synmous with beauty. Sorry for the spelling. Anyways welcome from Alberta and welcome to Greytalk. :wub:

or BIG brother haha

he's here...!!!!!!

he's kinda nervous... as in why am i here and not in my other bed...

BUT... he's been eating, drinking water... and well eating some more... then he ate my iggy's food... then he went outside and peed... then he peed some more...

then he uhm stood for 20 minutes? then I made him lay down.... then I stood up and went into the other room... here comes krackel!

then we went for a walk... and he was happy =) (my iggy was jealous haha)

THEN he stood for another half hour.. then layed down next to the door that Barb left out of... he's not really looking out the door and he isn't whining, but still by the door.

He wont lay in his nice bed OR on the couch haha. So, i'm laying right there next to him.... just waiting =)

I have some pictures, but i'll get them to you all later! I <3 Krackel soon I know he'll have to <3 me!

or BIG brother haha

he's here...!!!!!!

he's kinda nervous... as in why am i here and not in my other bed...

BUT... he's been eating, drinking water... and well eating some more... then he ate my iggy's food... then he went outside and peed... then he peed some more...

then he uhm stood for 20 minutes? then I made him lay down.... then I stood up and went into the other room... here comes krackel!

then we went for a walk... and he was happy =) (my iggy was jealous haha)

THEN he stood for another half hour.. then layed down next to the door that Barb left out of... he's not really looking out the door and he isn't whining, but still by the door.

He wont lay in his nice bed OR on the couch haha. So, i'm laying right there next to him.... just waiting =)

I have some pictures, but i'll get them to you all later! I <3 Krackel soon I know he'll have to <3 me!

well I think he wanted his bed moved.... because now he's perfectly happy and asleep haha.

he loved beau and he seems content, i think i'm just looking into things a bit too deeply haha

knight, from krackel, beau... and i =)

Guest DoneRacin

:blink: **

Okay, I had to edit! I thought the greyhound you were getting was named "Iggy Beau"!! I must have missed a post! What is Iggy, an iguana? So, when I said "Your Iggy Beau is gorgous" I was talking about Krackel"!!!! And that name is fitting, he sure does put the "Krackel" in "Snap, Krackel & Pop!!!!"

haha sorry!

BEAU = Italian Greyhound

he's posted in another thread in OT... but here he is:

e83ebdbb01ccc2cb1530b5ccb8abb10c.jpg

He's about 14lbs =)

Oh and I GUESS I should be happy that he's VERY happy in his bed...

But today..

we went to the dog park, went by a friends house, went by petsmart, raked the yard, went on a walk... uhm and then he's been in his bed for the past hour :-p

Guest DoneRacin

:withstupid This is the sign my dogs carry.

I am so sorry! I never heard italian greys called iggy's before, but if I had thought a minute on it, I mighta coulda figured that out! :crazy

Beau is just beautiful :inlove:inlove:inlove again, I am in love.

Congratulations, Jay, on your new, beautiful baby and your iggy is gorgeous, too.

Be patient with Krackel. His whole world is upside down and he is trying to take in a lot at one time. He'll stand for a bit, pace, pant, etc., but eventually he will come around.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Thanks =)

He's getting a little bit jealous with me loving (hugging) all over krackel.

He loves attention, if Krackel comes around 1/2 as much as beau, he'll be perfect =)

He HASN'T been pacing/panting at all, so I take it that's good. He knows what his beds for and he's using it.

Heck, he got on the couch today looked around, got back in his bed.

Oh Mrs. Doneracin, I guess on this forum they use I.G. i've just always used Iggy :o don't mind me, i'm new here... so blame the noob, not yourself =)

Guest Kipsmom

OH congratulations!! :yay :yay I didn't see this yesterday at all. :D I'm so happy for you and your pups! I know you must be excited! Greyhounds are the BEST in the world!!! :wub: