Tomorrow Will Be One Year...

Guest rememberingSadi

Guest rememberingSadi

One year ago we decided to add a new member to our family, something that we had contemplated for quite some time. Then we met Sadi, it was truely love at first sight. Donna said she had been waiting for a home for a while, but I just COULD NOT for the life of me figure out WHY....she proceeded to show us other hounds, I didn't say anything and wanted to be polite and take a look, but I KNEW Sadi was for us. She was a little black tuxedo girl, with the biggest brown 'all-seeing' eyes...we brought her home with us. Being first time greyhound (even dog) owners, we quickly fell in love with her. EVERYONE loved her, and she loved EVERYONE else in return... :blush She was truely unique, and I know this....even to this day after all the hounds I have met.

Sadi came to us un-spayed and we decided to do it as quickly as possible, so we took her to a highly recommended vet and wanted only the best for our girl, we had all blood work done, etc.....we knew that our little girl was in good hands and that was very comforting for us. Despite knowing that, I went to work that day a MESS and called the vet several times to make sure she was okay. Everything went according to procedure and my husband brought her home to us that evening. Later that evening, something went horribly wrong. The vet assured us that everything was fine and normal....so we went to bed that evening a little worried, but self-assured by our vet...I heard something and woke up at 3 am and found Sadi practically clinging onto life. My husband carried her to the car and we rushed to the e-vet.

We got a heart-shattering call several hours later. The vet couldn't save her. Everything inside my heart ached. My husband and I both stayed home from work that Wednesday and it rained outside all day long...it was as if mother-nature was mourning her loss. I wanted to find answers why we lost her, it was my only way of coping. I came across GreyTalk. I never did find the real reason why we lost her...but I did find many people that made the transition easier with dealing with the loss of my friend and family member. Thank you to everyone who helped me out in the beginning with this.

I still look back with one regret.....I wish I had known seeing my girl lying on the vet table on her side with oxygen mask on her muzzle......I wish I had known that would be the last time I would ever see her. I would have rubbed behind her perfect little ears once more and given her a kiss.....and been able to say good-by to my girl the right way... :weep

Edited by rememberingSadi

:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest rsqdogsmom

How terribly sad for you and your DH to lose your girl so quickly,but she had the joy of being loved, completely, by you, no matter how short the time was.

Love is never about quantity,always about quality.

You were both blessed by having found each other.

My thoughts are wth you.

I remember your first post here. My heart just ACHED for you, as you told your story. I was crying when Paul walked in, and I told him what happened. The day after, Monnaie was scheduled for her spay, and I was scared to death. Thankfully, she did fine.

I remember feeling a sense like I was kicked in the stomach when I read it. I have had that same feeling now for 8 days. :(

You did right by your new girl, and she'll forever be in your hearts. Thinking of you tomorrow.

:grouphug