Do You Use An Earthlink Email With Gt?

Trudy

We've had issues with earthlink email addresses rejecting our messages.

If you are going to use that address for greytalk, please set up your email so that it accepts the following email addresses (we aren't going to fill out the form it sends back):

* @ greytalk.com

Guest BrockGusDad
We've had issues with earthlink email addresses rejecting our messages.

If you are going to use that address for greytalk, please set up your email so that it accepts the following email addresses (we aren't going to fill out the form it sends back):

* @ greytalk.com

1770834[/snapback]

Is this the same or similar issue with AOL? I went into my settings on AOL, and they are set to receive e-mail from everyone.

I am not very computer literate, thus my question.

Is this the same or similar issue with AOL? I went into my settings on AOL, and they are set to receive e-mail from everyone.

I am not very computer literate, thus my question.

1771227[/snapback]

No, earthlink requires the user set domains for access, AOL just has problrms with the mail transport agent being down all the time.

Earthlink:

I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience....

AOL: -- this is a service error, not a user error

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

(reason: 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to mailin-01.mx.aol.com.:

>>> RCPT To:

550 5.1.1 ... User unknown

large.greyhound_signature.gif