In Memory Of Megan

Guest greyhound_bug

Guest greyhound_bug

Novemeber 2, 2002 was one of the sadest and happiest days of my life. Megan, my Irish Wolfhound-Shepard cross went to the bridge. That same day, DH proposed.

I got Megan from an animal shelter in London (Ont.) and they were only going to keep her as long as they had room. No one had even gone to look at her because of her age (she was 5yrs old) and her size. My mom and I were on the Humane Society walk-a-thon when a lady had mentioned Megan to us. My mom told me to "just go and look at her and see what shes like". My dad had NO idea that my mom and I were thinking about adding a third dog to the house :) .

When I first met Megan, I thought that she was ugly. I hate to admit it, but I did. Within a day of her being home, I thought that she was the cutest hound and she had personality plus. Unfortunaly, my dad had a different opinion about the whole situation. He told both my mom and I that she had to go back. He said, "theres no way we are having 3 dogs again....I pay the bills, I put the food on the table and theres no way I'm feeding 3 dogs!! Shes going back!!!"

Meanwhile, the entire time my dad was giving my mom and I and Megan "the speach", Megan kept smiling at him and cocking her head. My dad later told us, he did everything that he could not to laugh :P and he knew that she was there to stay. Turns out, she ended up being my dad's (and my) favorite dog of all time and he still misses her and can't talk about her.

I still beleive, thats why he acts like he doesn't like my greys very much. They act so much like Megan and share a lot of the same physical similarities. Sometimes I think too that Megan helped DH pick out our grey as he was so dead against getting one but yet he loved Megan almost as much as I did.

I miss you Megan and I wish that you were still here. I think about you every day.

I LOVE YOU MEGAN!!!!

Edited by greyhound_bug

My deepest sympathy. Run with our Angels Sweet Girl... :grouphug:f_pink:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You have a very special dad...my dad was the same way....and my pups & his own cockers loved him dearly. Hug him for me.

At the same time, thank you for sharing such a wonderful tribute & memory of Megan. I know how you must miss her!

I am so very sorry for your loss. If we could just take the pain away. God speed. Just know that 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow" Megan is watching over you. :f_pink:f_pink