I Was Not Ready

greymama

Today, I went to MY vet to get Advantage for new kitten. Still had time before I had to be at son's school so headed up to other local vet, that had treated Hubert, who was nice enough to allow me to make payments on my debt, granted the current financial situation. So I wrote them a check. I was told I wouldn't get his ashes back for 4 weeks. Today was 2 weeks. They handed me the ashes. I thought I would be ready, but I was not. At all. I lost it. I must have been quite a sight walking into my son's school for voluntary lunch/recess duty, with my cheek swelled (due to tooth being pulled) and my eyes red and puffy. So Hubert is home. Gosh I miss him. I still listen for his bell to jingle, and miss his incessant purring and licking. Thanks for letting me share -- I just needed to do this.

Guest bonscoby

You are very brave. I think the vet should have been more sensitive and given you some warning that the ashes were ready.

I just lost my kitty of 16 years. I thought my heart would stop beating...I truly sympathize with you. ... :f_white

Guest jettcricket

I know how hard it is....I lost my sweet baby girl, Zoe, this past April. I had her since she was around 10 days old. She was the runt of the litter and Momma stopped taking care of her. I had to bottle feed her and wipe down her little bottom to make her go. She was truly my baby. I lost her so suddenly. She seized on my kitchen floor and within seconds she was gone. They think it was her heart. I still can't believe she's gone. When I went to pick up her ashes and I got in my car I opened the little wooden box that her ashes were in and just sobbed like a baby. This was all I had left of her....it killed me. So I sympathize with you and know exactly how you feel. It will get better. It's still so new to you. And you know that his spirit is free and soaring. Sending you a gentle hug....{{{ :heart }}}

Guest vwagner1

I am so sorry! I know how hard it is. I lost my Kim Aug. 20th. The vet called to tell me her ashes had arrived. I just couldn't go and get her! It was too final for me. I waited a day and forced myself to it. It doesn't get any easier planning or being surprised like you were. It just plain sucks. I cried the whole way home. Now I have her right next my bed with my favorite picture of her and her collar.

Oh, dear. What a shock... My Sissy's ashes are ready to be picked up, and I can't do it. Thank goodness hubby volunteered to get them. Every time someone passes over here, we plant a new rose bush for them. Sissy's will be a girlie pink, I think. Just right for a prissy little diva.

I am so sorry about sweet Hubert. I know how much you miss him. I wish you many beautiful memories.

:grouphug:heart:grouphug

Guest greysmatter

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how it feels too. It's been just over 3 weeks since I lost my dog unexpectedly :( I put a flower on her grave today and lost it some too. The only thing that helps is knowing we are adopting a Grey soon. That doesn't mean I don't really miss my Chips.

It hurts so much you almost don't want to love another, but if you're like me, you can't help yourself.....you just HAVE to! :wub::grouphug:grouphug Please know you're not alone. We all understand.

I'm sorry. I remember this feeling as it wasn't that long ago for me.

When I got Fudgie's ashes, I sat in stunned silence that Fudgie was in this little box.... a boy who was so full of life and mischief now in a little box, so silent and still.....

But, you will come to cherish that box, believe me, I do. I look at him and talk to him often. I love the fact that he's still here in the house with us.

You will get comfort from the ashes... I promise {{{{{hugs}}}}

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~