Monty Doberman Lost Battle With

Guest auntiesara

Guest auntiesara

Please send special prayers for Monty's dad, John, and his sister Bela, the Boxer. Monty was one of my petsitting clients ,who lived down the street from us. He was only about 10 years old and had Megaesophagus for about two years.Yesterday morning he wouldn't eat his food,which was made into soup in the cuisinart, and had been vomitting more than ever. Last night the vet said there was nothing more she could do, so dad decided it was time.

Monty loved me very much. He was always independent and liked to carry his leash in his mouth. He also would pause at the landing going upstairs to have his bum rubbed. A psychic who met him at a park told his dad that he had been a king in a past life but Bela had only been a dog.

Bela misses him. I found her in the bedroom where he had been sleeping when I went there today. Until I read the note I thought Monty had gone up to the attic since his leash was in the usual place.

I knew this day was coming but am still shocked.

Sara

Guest auntiesara

I think the dad was too upset to call me, since Monty was his heart dog. We keep a little communications notebook in the kitchen, but if anything I expected a note that he was at the hospital. He always left me nice messages when our Greys crossed the Bridge.

Sara

Godspeed, Monty... join our beloved Bridge angels and be whole again. Many hugs to you, Sara for your grieving heart and for the loving care you gave this precious boy. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest skinnydog
I think the dad was too upset to call me, since Monty was his heart dog. We keep a little communications notebook in the kitchen, but if anything I expected a note that he was at the hospital. He always left me nice messages when our Greys crossed the Bridge.

Sara

1492807[/snapback]

I see. I didn't really think about it like that.

Guest claysmom

My deepest sympathies to you Sara and the owner of Monty. I had dobermans and they too were once my heart dogs, that is until I got a greyhound( though the dobermans are still on my mind, everytime I see a you dobie, my heart says you have to have another to go with your greyhound, if only my Dh would let me!!!)

I am so very sorry. :( My deepest sympathy to his family and friends...he sounds like one very special little man. My prayers are with you all. You know...when Flashy stands in the window with his ears a certain way...many tell us he looks like a doberman...with this in mind...I know that Angel Sophia has latched on to Monty and is sharing her peanut butter cookies with him at this very moment. Godspeed Monty...eat...run and play sweetheart...send us all a rainbow...and kiss our Angels for us. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of Monty. My condolences to his dad and to you. Sounds like Monty was loved very much. Godspeed Monty. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

OH goodness, how terribly hard for everyone. When there is such a special dog like Monty, everyone that knew that dog suffers.

Bless all of you.

God Speed, Monty. You can now run wild and free without fear of coughing, etc, at the Rainbow Bridge.

• 1 month later...
Guest guinness_the_greyt
You got a note??  I'm sorry to hear the news, but a note sounds a bit cold.

1492782[/snapback]

When my Harley boy died suddenly I didn't want to talk to anyone. I sent out a mass text message on my phone and then turned the phone off and slept... got up threw the hounds in the car and drove to the mountains. Everyone deals with grief differently. My friends knew I needed them to know... but wanted to be at arms length for awhile.

:grouphug

Hugs to you Sara... And to Monty's Dad!

Godspeed Monty!!!! You fought the good fight buddy!