Two Years Ago Today . . . .

Guest DaffyToons

Guest DaffyToons

I can't believe she has been gone two years today. She was only seven; much, much too soon. Lexi had not been well for three weeks, and the vets could not figure out the problem. She had ultrasounds and blood tests. Nothing was abnormal, but she wasn't breathing comfortably (fluid around the peritoneum?) had severe diarrhea and wasn't eating. The ultrasound had just come back as normal that Thursday. Thursday night, she ate some cooked hamburger and rice, and as I was sitting on the floor with her, she cuddled with me like she never had before. I had no idea what was to come.

Two hours later, as she laid next to me in bed, I heard her taking her last breaths. I cradled her head in my arms, and helped her to the Bridge. She was gone.

They say that it's the lucky dog that dies in the arms of someone that loves him/her; she was a lucky dog. I miss her every day. She was the one that taught me what the love of a greyhound felt like. I will never be without that love.

I love you, my sweet Lexi.

Guest how888

Oh how sad but you gave Lexi so much love.My heartfelt sympathy.I strongly believe we will see them over that beautiful rainbow one day.I can't wait to see Howie and all of our other angels. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

I am so sorry. Bless you and sweet Lexi. :f_white:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.