Words Of Thanks From Jozie's Mom

Guest bellenzo

Guest bellenzo

Some of you may have been following the thread in the Amber Alert about Jozie the lost greyhound in Robards, Kentucky. As many of you know the long search finally came to an end when Jozie was found dead on a neighbors property (very rural area). Anyway, Jozie's mom asked me to post the following message from her to all who supported them during the search and who offered sympathy and prayers after Jozie was found. (She hasn't figured all the ins and outs of greytalk yet, but I'll tell her how to access this forum) so that she can read any replies.)

Jozie's mom's words:

"Thank you everyone for your prayers, concern, and encouraging words throughout our search and finding of Jozie. It didn't end like we wanted but at least we have closure now. I won't be looking out the window hoping to see her coming down the driveway or worrying that someone has her and may not be taking good care of her anymore.

We think she must have ran so hard and was so scared that she had a heart attack or stroke and died where we found her. If so, she hadn't ran or walked that far in over 3 years. Her body was a stone's throw away from the front door of the man who found her. We had walked by that area and drove by that area many times calling her name. If she was alive, she surely would have made some sound or made some movement, but no one ever saw or heard anything.

Our house has not seemed the same since Jozie has been gone. She was such a good companion and friend and was loved very much. I know she had a good life and was happy. I'm so glad she became part of our lives and hearts. My life is better for having been able to share it with her and for being able to share it with a greyhound.

Like I said before, I never knew there was this network of wonderful, caring greyhound owners out there. All of your concerns and thoughts have helped us through this ordeal and has meant a lot to us.

Something else I wanted to share with everyone is a very helpful DVD that we watched. It's called "Animals In Heaven?" I know that I will see Jozie again someday, and it will be forever then. It's very comforting to know that. I recommend this DVD to anyone who has lost a pet. It can be ordered by calling 1-800-584-7777 or on the website at www.jvim.com.

Again, thank you all. Jozie thanks you too."

Marcie

God Bless Jozie's family

This was not the ending I was hoping for Jozie but at least you have closure. I truly believe we will be with our animals again. If only the whole world could be as close as the greyhound community. Please don't be too hard on yourself. These things happen even though we try our best to avoid them.

Try to join us here at GT. We would love to have you here and get to know you. We're like a family with spats every once in a while but for the most part we get along and love our hounds. You won't meet better people than greyhound people.

Guest bellenzo

As some of you know, when Jozie's family was searching for Jozie they travelled to another state when they heard of a greyhound matching Jozie's description in a kill shelter. The greyhound was not Jozie, but another beautiful black tuxedo. They decided they could not leave her there, so they took her home (otherwise she would have been put down). They made many attempts to try to find the owners but eventually placed her with the local gpa because of some SA issues. I was priveleged to foster "Tipper" for two weeks during which time her origins were discovered and she was released for adoption. I'm happy to say that she is now in a permanent happy home. Thanks to Jozie's folks at least one greyhound has a new lease on life.

Guest BellaDonna1

I am so sorry for Jozie. It broke my heart when I read it. I agree you have some closure to it instead of thinking who has my baby and how are they being treated. I understand because I have a grey on the missing list that has not been found. Godspeed sweet Jozie...................................jan

I am so sorry for the loss of Jozie. My heart aches for you. Know that all of our Bridge Angels are watching over Jozie as she watches over you from the Bridge. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest JoziesMom
I am so sorry for Jozie.  It broke my heart when I read it.  I agree you have some closure to it instead of thinking who has my baby and how are they being treated.  I understand because I have a grey on the missing list that has not been found.  Godspeed sweet Jozie...................................jan

1219080[/snapback]

I know the horrible pain and heartache you are feeling. Which missing dog is yours? If you're like I was, you can't concentrate on anything except seeing your missing baby again and wondering if they are close by and you just can't find the right spot where they are. Things change in a matter of minutes. Our lives and Jozie's changed in just a matter of a few minutes. If we could just go back in time and make things different.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I watched and prayed over Jozies thread and hoped for a different outcome. I'm so very sorry for you loss. Godspeed Jozie, you have wonderful parents. :f_red:f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Noooooooooooooo. I hate this. I am so heartbroken and I can't imagine how heartbroken you must be as well. Please take care.

Run free, Jozie, run free.

Guest DaffyToons

I followed Jozie's thread very closely, and my heart breaks with you again. :brokenheart

Please know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Godspeed, sweet Jozie . . . .

Edited by DaffyToons