Fenny From Greyhound Friends Of Ma (hopkinton Ma)

Guest Sniffy

During recent visit to Greyhound Friends of MA's website I saw the memorial they currently have posted on their main page Tribute to Fenny at Greyhound Friends

Fenny was an elderly return to the shelter when his owner passed away about a year ago. The staff at Greyhound Friends fell in love with him, and he made himself comfortable in the laundry room, sleeping in a shower stall (with blankies of course). Someone here posted about it at the time, but I couldn't find the old thread by searching (but I did find out that there's another Fenny in Massachusetts.....Hi Fenny, I hope I don't cause any confusion!).

I actually got the chance to meet the old fella during Greyhound Friends' spring open house...what a sweet old boy. So I was saddened to learn of his passing, but I know he had a very enjoyable last few months on earth, as he received lots of love and attention from the staff and from visitors.

Special thanks to Louise and the gang at Greyhound Friends for taking care of Fenny well into his teens, and helping him live to see one last birthday.!

What a handsome boy. Sounds like he really loved life. Run free, Fenny. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Godspeed, sweet boy. You stole my heart from afar and were often in my thoughts and prayers. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Run free sweet Fenny. :f_red My deepest sympathy. :(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Gazehund, what a sweet picture. :wub: He was a precious boy... and will live forever in the hearts he touched. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest auntiesara

Our Sadie was Fenny's roommate in the kitchen at GHF-she had bounced from two homes and was used to being near people. Fenny was a very special boy. He'll leave an empty space in a lot of hearts...

Sara

Fenny was just a darling old fellow. I am so glad I got to see him again when we were down there on Nov 26th. It's so comforting knowing that Louise and her staff will take in hounds in need and give them a safe haven for as long as necessary.

Run free sweet Fenny.

Edited by Houndmom

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire