In Memory Of

Guest Heehoo

Someone sent this to me today & when I read it, I did not think of a human that this reminded me of, but of my guys who have left me this past year. I lost the 3 greys, 1 mix in 2003 & my orange/white cat in April of this year & sometimes I wish I could reach out & pet them...

DEATH IS NOTHING AT ALL

I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you, whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorry. Laugh as you always laughed, at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.

Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.

All is well.

A very touching and beautiful poem...Thank you for sharing. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest auntiesara

Tears here too. I know our Angels are waiting for us, but it's still hard....Thanks so much for sharing. We feel less alone on GT because we don't hear"it was only a dog, you can always get another one".

Sara (mom of the pack: Blackie, Sweetie, FaeRae, Rosie...and Piper,who was too sick to stay with us....

and Quillan, little birdie)

That is the eulogy that was read at my Dad's funeral, it is so beautiful. My Dad was such a gentle and humble soul, all animals loved him and he loved them, so I know he is looking after all my babies until it is my time.

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

This was given to me when my father died. I've found it very helpful over the years & I continue to share it with people who have lost loved ones.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest greyhidden

Snowy8, I don't know your real name, but loosing 3 greys this past year. OH, what happened to them? I would have to crawl in a hole along with them. I am so sorry for your 3 losses, but do think of it this way, God has them right next to him and will watch over them. Have U gone and gotten another grey? Please do, they also need your love.

Snowy8, I don't know your real name, but loosing 3 greys this past year. OH, what happened to them? I would have to crawl in a hole along with them. I am so sorry for your 3 losses, but do think of it this way, God has them right next to him and will watch over them. Have U gone and gotten another grey? Please do, they also need your love.

You are so sweet...yes I have 6 of my own & 2 fosters right now & I'm a constant figure at the MSGAO, in fact most people think I'm on the payroll...just pizza on Saturdays. he he

Bool was put down in Feb due to a ruptured tumor on his kidney...Brogan was put down in June due to gangrene had set in where a spider had bitten him, he was 13 yrs old & we knew he would not survive amputation...Racer had a sudden heart attack & died in my arms on the couch. My little mix guy, Bones died of a heart attack 30 days after Brogan.

This year I lost my orange & white cat Jjaks to an anerysm & then my mother died in June of a heart attack/alzheimer.

But I have a wonderful church family & a wonderful greyhound family & they all show me a lot of love & support. If it weren't for them, I'd be a basket case I'm sure. :colgate

Tears here too. I know our Angels are waiting for us, but it's still hard....Thanks so much for sharing. We feel less alone on GT because we don't hear"it was only a dog, you can always get another one".

Sara (mom of the pack: Blackie, Sweetie, FaeRae, Rosie...and Piper,who was too sick to stay with us....

and Quillan, little birdie)

You came to mind also.

• 2 weeks later...