Horses Go To The Bridge Too

Guest KennelKaren

Guest KennelKaren

One of the best volunteers & most loyal friend to MSGAO lost her beloved horse this morning to ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). I know he'd had it about a year...and he'd been on medication for it.

Alma's horses & greyhounds are her heart. She loves her babies. Her best friend Linda who is also a greyt friend & dedicated volunteer at the kennel showed the horses and took wonderful care of them.

He was a jumper, Linda showed him around the Memphis area.

So many times we see big animals like horses & we don't realize that like our greyhounds, bassets, JRTs...they love us also....they are just as loyal as our dogs & cats. They are great therapy for us during hard times, during changes in our lives. Great solitude because we can go out in the pasture on their backs & daydream sitting under a tree next to the pond...we can sit in the grass & watch them graze & lose ourselves in their beauty.

All of ya'll out there know what its like to lose a greyhound, a cat, a JRT, a collie...I'm sure some of ya'll know what its like to lose a horse, in fact one of my first Remembrances was about a horse that had died at an early age.

Lets all remember Alma & Linda in our prayers tonight....and prayer for them to have strength through this time.

I know that Remote, Bessemer & Wendy will be keeping a close watch over them tonight(grey/grey/basset) :f_red:gh_lay

I am so sorry...my deepest sympathy. Run free...Godspeed. f_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest auntiesara

Please tell your friends that people who never met darling Horsie are typing through tears. I truly believe we WILL see them again. My Greys will meet him at the Bricge-they loved horses that used our pasture in the summers.

Sara

Got an email from Alma, her horse's name was Captain...showname Aye Aye Captain & it was cushings disease vs als. I knew it was something that affected his legs. She was with him when he crossed...so that's what is important. He's being buried today out at the farm. She said to thank everyone.

Guest moterboter

Dear Friends:

Linda and I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Captain, like all animals, was a special friend.

He suffered from a very rare disease called EPM. There is little known about this disease. In addition he suffered from cushings disease.

It was his time and he let us know it by laying down in a beautiful green pasture. His hips would just not let him get up and he waited on us to get there before he crossed the bridge.

Again, thanks to all for your support. You are dear friends.

Alma and Linda

Please pass my condolences on to Alma and Linda. My daughter trains in dressage out at a farm, and I used to clean the barns/paddocks out there on a weekly basis for her lessons. All the horses out there are wonderful, each with their own personality. I know that peace and solitude of being out there with them. The owners tragically lost a 2 year old horse not too long ago, and we were all devastated. We had watched his mama grow fat while pregnant with him, and he was affectionately named Molasses (Mo, for short) because he was so late in arriving. We watched him start out on those spindly wobbly legs and grown into a beautiful young horse. It's hard to lose one. They are incredibly gentle giants.

Guest Remembering_Trudy

I'm so sorry...

I lost Joker to colic just over a month ago. It was very sudden. I lost Trudy in March. I can tell you that losing a horse hurts just as much as losing a Grey - or any other beloved pet and family member. Losing Trudy hurt because I'd had her for so long.... she was getting old and had been sick so I thought I was prepared... I had no time to prepare for losing Joker, it hurt so bad because he was young, he'd had a rough early life before I bought him, and I had no warning. I walked him all night, urged him back to his feet when he went down to roll, talked to him, tried to keep him going. He was dying in front of me and finally I had to let him go. I didn't have him for long, but I'll never forget him... :(

Run Free, Captain. Say hi to Joker for me...

Guest crangrey

I too have buried many horses here on the farm. Just last month, Laddie left. Laddy was 35, had cardiomyopathy, and hadn't had a tooth in his head for the past five years! The good part, is, however, dear Laddy just laid down in the sunshine for an afternoon nap, and didn't wake up. I couldn't wish for a better way for him to go.

Captian, just find Laddie, he'll show you the ropes..

So sorry for your loss. I am crying as I write this. Horses are the most wonderful of creatures, cannot imagine how you are feeling. At least he waited for you to say goodbye before he went. He is happy now, running free in the sunshine and waiting til the day he sees you again.

:weep:weep:weep:f_red:f_red:f_red