Roadie The Road Dog

Guest 2greygirls

Guest 2greygirls

It has taken me quite a while to post this, and even as I type this I am crying.

I lost a dog to my ex, the stalking one, so I haven't seen her, and I found out she crossed last winter..I keep thinking about her, andI have her picture always near me.

Roadie was a very special dog, and it bothers me that she spent the last couple years of her life living with a derranged person, although I know that he loved her... could not take her with me, she was " his" and he was trying to kill me, I had to leave her behind, he would have tracked me down had I tried.....and it broke my heart.

Roadie was a mutt. A beagle-terrier mix found in the road on a stormy night, starving, she pooped twigs for a week, and pregnant, had 13, yes 13 puppies three days later...she had heartworm, and survived she was the toughest little thing, and soooo stubborn.

Roadie was an angel, who loved music, and would sing along with blues recordings, she had perfect pitch. She was carmel and white, with the most expressive eyes, she looked like a little human in a fur suit. She would get crazy with her beagle genes when she smelled a rabbit, and could track anything. Roadie travelled with me all over the country, touring in the vanwith us..she has met famous people, been to many of the great sights..and would alwasy sleep next to me. She was my co-pilot. She is immortalized on many recordings.

She also thought she was a toughie, and one time tried to take on three pit bulls who were across the road, luckily the owner was able to keep hold of them...she never would back down, and we would have to drag her away from dogs who wanted to eat her. But that just was her way. she was a fighter, a sweetie, and she never gave up. A true Connecticut girl. I just wanted to share her with people, I feel she was so special, and it has bothered me for a long time, that I don;t know how she died, that I don't know where her body is, that I can't risk any contact with the person she was with...I know she is gone, as people from back there have told me, but that is all. I miss my little Road Dog, and I think of her every day...my greys are the first dogs I have had since she has been gone.I hope she is running free at he bridge chasing bunnies and running circles, and singng the night away.

run free sweet Roadie.

:f_pink:f_pink I am so sorry...my deepest sympathy. :(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Regardless of where her physical body is, I'm sure Roadie will always be with you in spirit. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest 2greygirls

Thanks you guys.. I don't know why, but I amthinking of her a lot tonight. I could tell so many stories..she was so unique. I always wanted to write a children's book. the adventure's of Roadie the Road dog.

maybe I should.

I know she is near me...sometimes, when I hear a siren, I think I hear her howling, and I smile.