Jewel

Guest Ferrevergrey

Guest Ferrevergrey

jewelrb.jpg

I remember the day we first met. The last dog in the world I wanted was a greyhound-after all, I thought they where hyper, skinny, and totally unsafe around small animals. Then I met you, and the moments I laid eyes on you I knew they where wrong. You brought me into a world that has made my life complete once again. You have proved that the myths where all just that, and made me fall in love with the greyhounds. Your sweet spirit drew in may people, you where loved by so many. It happened so fast that I can't believe you're really gone. In less then a week, I find out you have cancer, and you cross the bridge. You may not be here physically anymore, but your spirit will live on in our rescue forever. You have done so much good in your oh so short life, you have brought so much joy to all who where privilaged to know you. Run free beautiful girl, no more shall you suffer. No pain or sorrow shall you ever know again. I know your mommy loved you so much, after all you're the one resposible for making her fall for the breed to. Thank you for all the good you've done here Jewel, you're life on this earth may have been short, but just look at all the good you have done. I'll miss you Jewel, and I know Sherry and Micheal will be lost without thier queen. You'll be loved forever. Thank you for all you done, thank you for saving others of your kind, thank you for just loving us. I'll miss you forever!

Edited by Animalover44

Run free precious one...run with the wind. Godspeed Jewel. :f_pink:f_whitef_yellow:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest My2greys

Oh, Lydia that tribute was so beautiful and loving, and I am sitting here crying my eyes out! Again! I sent them a beautiful e-card this morning that had a greyhound with angel wings up in the clouds looking at the Rainbow Bridge. I could barely see the keyboard typing my message through all the tears. Meet-n-Greets will feel so different now but I know we'll all feel her there in spirit! I'm thankful that the time between her diagnosis and her time to go was so short though, so she didn't have to suffer too long. Love ya! :weep:weep:crying

Guest how888

Oh Lydia, I just got on and saw this. I just received your e mail about the books. I feel so bad. What a beautiful tribute!!!! I hurt with and for all of you. Remember what we all said, we will see them once more at that one big meet and greet over that ever so beautiful rainbow!!!!!!!!! Run free sweet baby. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink Linda and Nike

Guest bigdogsfive

To your hurting heart,

I learned the meaning of empathy after a loss im my like. I wish to send this to you, to remind you that others know your loss.

Empathy, Your pain in my heart!

Kathy & Kids

Guest Ferrevergrey
Oh, Lydia that tribute was so beautiful and loving, and I am sitting here crying my eyes out! Again! I sent them a beautiful e-card this morning that had a greyhound with angel wings up in the clouds looking at the Rainbow Bridge. I could barely see the keyboard typing my message through all the tears. Meet-n-Greets will feel so different now but I know we'll all feel her there in spirit! I'm thankful that the time between her diagnosis and her time to go was so short though, so she didn't have to suffer too long. Love ya! :weep:weep:crying

Isn't that the truth? I think Jewel was the favorite hound of most people in our group. Without Jewel I probably wouldn't have discovered this breed when I did, and I might not have ever fallen in love with the breed at all. I owe a lot to her for what she's done for me. She worked her magic on so many, and as Sherry said-Every greyhound in our group has Jewel to thank. Meet and greets will defiantly be a bit subdued for a while as we all remember Jewel. She'll definatly be there in spirit, but I know for me it's going to be hard to see the other greys at Meet and Greet without Jewel's daintly little body there. I have a greyhound memorial card I was saving for something like this that I'm going to take to Sherry tomorrow. I feel so bad for Sherry, if I'm this broken hearted about her death, I can only imagine how Sherry feels right now!

When a beloved pet dies, they always say to remember the good things. With Jewel, that's easy. There's so many good things to remember about her. I pray that everyone in our group will remember all the good things Jewel has done for us and hope that it will lesson the pain that I think we all feel over loosing Jewel.

Guest auntiesara

I was in tears reading about Jewel as well. I hope her family and friends can take comfort in my belief that we WILL see them again.

Sara

A very lovely and touching tribute to a very precious angel. Jewel will live on in all the hearts that were touched by her loving spirit. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry, for you, Lydia, and for Jewel's family. Hugs to you, she sounds like she was a wonderful dog and a great ambassador for the breed, I am sure she will be missed.

Guest Ferrevergrey

Thank you everyone, I hope Sherry sees this and all the love and support that's going her way. I went to her house last night, and it was so strange to go there. Jewel was a barker, she'd bark whenever I came to the door to visit them. Yesterday, nothing. I sat and talked with Sherry for about an hour I think(I wasn't really paying attention to how long I was there), and I could feel Jewel there, but it was so strange to not have her little body nuzzling me for attention. I brought some Burpdog for her other puppers, and Jewel was pushed out of the way because she was so tiny. Last night I found myself reaching over to give Jewel her treat...But obviously, she wasn't there :weep. I think it's going to take everyone a long time to get use to Jewel not being there in body.

Guest murmurmel

Oh, Lydia... I just caught up on this whole story. That's so sad that "The One" who started it for you has passed on!!! :cry1 That made me cry too...I will also ALWAYS remember "The First" greyhound who got me into the breed... :wub:

It's sad she's gone, but I LOVED hearing your stories about her, and I LOVE how much she affected your life... :wub:

She has a left an amazing and wonderful legacy!!! :nod:wub:

Guest Ferrevergrey

She really has. She's won my heart completly, and has left behind a legacy that will lead many other greys to safe and loving homes. She may be gone, but like you said-I will ALWAYS remember her. There's no way I could ever forget a dog who has impacted my life so greatly. Her legacy will live on.

Guest Ferrevergrey

(((Michael))) I'm glad you where able to see this, and see how many people care for you and are sad for your loss of Jewel.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Snowy8

What a beautiful tribute to Jewel...obviously that's exactly what she was, a jewel in each of your hearts. She gave each of you her love & expected nothing back. That's the way greyhounds are.

It warms MY heart to know that she was a good example to your group of how greyhounds can be, regardless of their previous lifestyle...they are loving, warm, affectionate & can just melt your heart when they do something so loving. They put us first in everything, including feeding time.

Jewel must've been a very very special pupper. Its amazing how they step up to the plate when an ambassador for greyhounds is needed. Our ambassadoress at MSGAO who died yesterday, Bella Donna...like Jewel she knew how to make friends quickly & they know how to help people make the decision to take one or more greyhounds home.

God will help you through all this pain, I know from experience. Reach for Him, He's right beside you through all of this.

Jewel: we will all see you again some day. :f_red:gh_lay