Loss Of Another Type

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

As the followers of the Argo story already know, we are giving her up, so that she may be happier with another family. This has caused me a lot of pain and tears, and has brought on flashbacks of my own daughter's funeral. My animals are the only children I will ever have, so they are extra special. I just felt like a posting in this category would help in my healing process. It's very hard to let go.

:bighug

Hang in there. Easy to say, hard to do, right? Don't forget that Lola needs you too -- maybe now more than ever, since *her* life has changed again as well.

Try not to think of it as losing Argo but as helping launch her into her new life. I can see from your lovely picture in the other post that you and your DH must love her very much; that is a fine gift to send with her.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm sure you will miss her tremendously.

Batman's Mom makes some really good points. Lola needs you and you've helped Argo by letting her move to a more appropriate home.

Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing, ok? Big Hug... -Carla

Try to remember: Your loss was not the permanent type, like death. Your selfless act of offering Argo a new home for her own happiness was beautiful. Keep reminding yourself that. And keep in mind, there is another dog out there that will be a better fit in your household. No loved one can ever be 'replaced" but each of our "children" fills a place in our hearts.

Im so very sorry and your right to post here...after all you are suffering a loss...especially when it brings back such painful memories of a previous loss...i am so sorry to hear about your daughter :( ((hugs))

I hope that you find a greyhound that can bring you happiness as much as you bring them happiness and that you remember Argo in a fond way as im sure you will...i hope and hope that she goes to a home where she will be happy :heart

((big hugs)) :heart

Try to remember: Your loss was not the permanent type, like death. Your selfless act of offering Argo a new home for her own happiness was beautiful. Keep reminding yourself that. And keep in mind, there is another dog out there that will be a better fit in your household. No loved one can ever be 'replaced" but each of our "children" fills a place in our hearts.

I agree with this completely. At the same time, I feel for you. I know how hard it is to give up a dog you've become attached to.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest murmurmel

Wow, I just caught up on your story a bit, and I can definitely empathize... :( I also just had to give up my boy Dante, in his best interest... :cry1 He had SEVERE seperation anxiety to the point where both his mental & physical well-being were a concern (long thread on our saga here ), so we sent him to be re-homed somewhere that there will ALWAYS be someone (dog or human) around to keep him company. It was a VERY painful decision, so I know how you feel... :cry1 But, you have to think about the dog's well-being, and you tried very, very hard, and made the right decision in the end, as much as it hurt... :(

Guest ProudGreyMom

Big, big hug for you. As a "mom" to furkids only, I understand how you feel about your puppers. You did everything you could to make things work out. We're all here for you :f_pink

Guest WhippetMom

So sorry. We had to go through this back in March when we had to send Stowie back to the farm due to severe fear aggression. Our dogs are our "kids" as well, and it did feel like a death in the family. Sometimes its harder knowing he is still around, just not in our family. Time does help, but take some time to grieve as well.

You are in my thoughts.

Jenn