House training required - Again

Our three-year-old male greyhound is defecating and peeing in the house ever since the noise on 4th of July. We recently moved into a new house about nine months ago and he was fine with the move. But ever since all the fireworks on Fourth of July he’s terrified to go out. He hears the slightest noise and wants to come right back in. Then when we are not looking he peas or defecates in the house. I have tried to be very patient.
We have been adopting  X racers for 18 years so we are familiar with the breed but this problem is getting to be a little bit too much. I need some other ideas.  We also have an eight-year-old female. She has been fine with the fireworks.

Thank you everyone.

At a month later, I'd talk to your vet and see if there might be some medication that will help to reduce his anxiety. You might also try some CBD to start if it's legal where you are and see if it helps.  Until the anxiety isunder control, I'm not sure any kind of re-training is going to help. 

We've known a few dogs who were just a wreck due to fireworks, including one back in IL who would literally shake for months after the 4th and other similar holidays. He did have to be medicated. 

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life