New Kibble Analysis Sheet

Guest mgodwin

Guest mgodwin

Hello everyone!! As part of a project I took on for a friend of mine, I have created a kibble quality/price spreadsheet in Google sheets. It is based, in part on the kibble grade post that is pinned in this forum. Those who have used it already have found it extremely helpful! Here is the link.

Everyone should be able to access the sheet and edit the range highlighted in blue (if you have problems, let me know). The only thing you should need to input is your dog's weight in pounds, and the caloric intake modifier. The list of brands on the spreadsheet is by no means exhaustive and only what I consider to be the top tier of foods minus a few exceptions that are there for comparison. If you don't see your brand and would like it to be added, reply with the brand name and a link that includes, at minimum: price, pounds per bag (largest available), kCal/kg, and kCal/cup.

This is something that I put together and know it is probably imperfect. I'm always open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

I hope you enjoy and find it useful!!

ETA: Please keep in mind that I might not be able to add your brand immediately. Once I've added it I will let you know in this thread.

Edited by mgodwin

What an odd list of foods. I've never heard of five of those listed...and know all about Merrick's dirty little secrets. It would seem to be most useful to review brands such as Iams, Pro Plan, Purina One and other mid range foods that are easily accessible to the working class.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest mgodwin

What an odd list of foods. I've never heard of five of those listed...and know all about Merrick's dirty little secrets. It would seem to be most useful to review brands such as Iams, Pro Plan, Purina One and other mid range foods that are easily accessible to the working class.

I appreciate the honest feedback. The foods listed are some of my personal favorites as well as things I've heard good things about. Others are there because they were requested or what prompted the project in the first place. If you think Iams, etc. would be helpful, I can certainly add them. As I said, the list is by no means exhaustive and very much still a work in progress.

ETA: I'm very curious to hear what you know about Merrick, as I myself am unfamiliar with any "dirty little secrets." Also, do you have any comments on the review criteria? I welcome critiques provided they're constructive.

Edited by mgodwin

I appreciate the honest feedback. The foods listed are some of my personal favorites as well as things I've heard good things about. Others are there because they were requested or what prompted the project in the first place. If you think Iams, etc. would be helpful, I can certainly add them. As I said, the list is by no means exhaustive and very much still a work in progress.

ETA: I'm very curious to hear what you know about Merrick, as I myself am unfamiliar with any "dirty little secrets." Also, do you have any comments on the review criteria? I welcome critiques provided they're constructive.

Make one more post and I'll PM you. I grew up about 50 miles from Hereford.

In the meantime google Tejas Industries.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg