How To Stop Her Destruction?

Guest Tuxi

She was fine Roo. She is quite happy in there once I put her 2 frozen kongs in with her. She doesn't even notice me closing the door or leaving. I came back after a few hours and she had tore a hole in her new blanket but it was only cheap so she can keep sleeping on it until there is nothing left - with a bit of luck she might actually learn then?!

So far there has been no hesitation with her going into crate and ive been feeding her meals in there and throwing toys into it so she can go fetch them etc. even my other dog - who is a complete coward, doesn't seem to mind going in to see if he can find any nice treats hidden. So I think that's helping her too as she seems to copy a lot of what he does.

I actually quite like it now and I think I am converted already - after all my years of not understanding them and never wanting to use one.

I'm glad to hear :)

We weren't fans of using the crate either, but it was a no-brainer for us as it was getting dangerous for him to leave him out. And now, he hasn't been crated for over a year and is doing fine. But we need to leave the crate up as he LOVES it. I caught him once sleeping in it and licking the crate bars...Oh well haha!

The crate also became a mean of communication for us as well as we always gave him treats only in the crate. So now, whenever he wants dinner, or food I am cooking, or my dinner...he goes in the crate and waits. It is not bothersome, and he gets a tidbit to be so adorable :beatheart

Edited by locket

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love