Longevity

Guest kar

Where do you get this product? And do you know if it can be given to dogs with pln (protein loosing neuropathy), a type of kidney disease?

Longevity is one of the products by Springtimeinc.com. I do not know about your concerns with PLN, but they are very helpful on the phone if you call and ask. Good products for sure !!

Their fresh factors and joint health chewables are great too in combo before trying Longevity.

Edited by nessa

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

I get it from Amazon. One tub lasts about 1 month or so. My Larry gets it twice a day and he is also on a kidney diet as he runs a low specific gravity and mildly elevated creatinine. There is beef liver (protein) in the formulation but you could probably adjust the ratio of what you give to compensate for this extra meat - talk to the customer service people and find out how many grams of protein would be in one of their scoops and then sit down with vet and reformulate the diet to take that into consideration. Larry is also on thyroid meds and the Longetvity has kelp but it doesn't seem to affect Larry.

I just ordered the Longevity (for my senior who sadly just passed away...now Teague is getting it!) because I had heard such great things about the company on here. I ordered directly from their website (springtimeinc.com) and I ordered under the "Samplers" section. I got a very good sized container plus a bottle of the Skin and Coat. It is still on sale there (20% off). Not sure how that compares to the Amazon price.

This supplement has a lot of spirulina in it. It is VERY green and very "green" smelling. With the large scoop you are supposed to feed each day I can see a lot of dogs being turned off. I feed mostly canned/raw foods so it is easier to mix in and hide the flavour and smell. I don't know how it would work if you feed solely kibble. I believe it is mostly recommended for moist kinds of diets due to this, but the company offers other supplements in pill form as well.

Edited by RedHead

What kidney diet is Larry on. How old is he?

Larry has been on a homemade diet for 10+ years as he has the kidney issues and he is allergic to both chicken and noodles.. He has been on Longevity for about 1.5 to 2 years now and before that, Fresh factors.

Larry is going to be 13 1/2 and he is a big greyhound. Winter was tough but, he has improved slightly with the warmer weather.

I bought it for Paul, who sadly passed last summer. It is very green and Paul only had two teeth, so he very often had green around his mouth. I like all of the Springtime products. Fairly priced, fast delivery and very knowledgeable customer service reps.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

My senior girl took it for about a week and then wouldn't take it after that. It smells terrible. I tasted the powder and it tastes awful. Good Luck.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.