Guest laurennf

Guest laurennf

My hound has been on pet armor (like generic frontline) since we have had her. So a little over two months. She is due to get more on Friday. Every other day or so, however, I will see a flea on her (which I typically manage to pick off her and get rid of). Then in a panic i will comb her body searching for what seems like hours and usually don't find anymore. We live in a very woody/buggy area, so my bf hasn't been worried and is just attributing it to her picking one up outside now and again. I'm afraid we have an infestation and that we need to take action...but because it's only one at a time My bf doesn't think it's a big deal. Help! Opinions? If you think it is an infestation what steps should I take? This is my first hound so I am really nervous. Should we take her to the vet? She itches herself some, But not excessively...she hasn't seemed like she is very bothered. Also her fur is starting to thin around her neck (throat) and butt. Could this be related? Thanks

Forget the Pet Armor. Once something drops down to being a generic of a known product for flea control I don't think it works as well.

A Capstar will kill the fleas in an hour, which is what I use when I have to pick up a returned, buggy dog, but it does not work the next day.

Comfortis will control fleas for a month. Trifexis will control fleas and heartworms for a month.

Adams flea spray, not topical drops, is sold at Walmart. They have an oil-based or water-based formula. You can spray the dog, bedding, floor etc.

Thinning hair at the neck and butt could be from scratching and biting if you see skin irritation. Otherwise it may not be something to b e alarmed about at this time. Once when I picked up a return, the owners had both worked at a track. Neither of them could see the very obvious fleas all over the dog and that it had scratched its neck raw.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png