Skin Tags?

Aidansmom

A few months ago I was petting Aidan and I noticed a few small lumps on his side. When I went to check them out they look just like little skin tags. They don't seem to bother him at all and haven't really grown in size.

Within the past few days I have noticed some more on the same side as the ones I noticed a month ago. They are very tiny and dont seem to bother him at all when I touch and mess with them. The few I had noticed in the past have not actually gotten any larger but have changed there look a bit and one actually fell off, kinda like a scab.

I have to board him in a few weeks when my husband and I go on vacation so I thought I would just have my vet look at them then for peace of mind.

Does anyone else have any experience with greys and similar skin tags?

Guest Greyt_livin

I know what your asking and will be curious to see what others say. I found one on the side of Ryan's chest and know don't know if it was there when I got him or not. Sound just like what your describing.

Guest FordRacingRon

I dunno if they are something we are supposed to do anything about,,never thought about it as when the vet saw them he just blew them off. As Leia aged she started getting those (maybe around 8 or 9) and has added a couple since her first. Two on her chest. they don' bother her a bit, the vet blew it off, so i figured they are just one of those getting older deals.

I think it's always good to bring a skin tag/lump/growth to a vet's attention to get an informed opinion. Nutmeg has gotten a few over the years. Vets have always said to keep an eye on them and if they started growing, they would remove them. Some disappeared on their own, one or two were removed after a few years. I have never chosen to have them biopsied. She has one now on her lip that has been there several years.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I think it's always good to bring a skin tag/lump/growth to a vet's attention to get an informed opinion. Nutmeg has gotten a few over the years. Vets have always said to keep an eye on them and if they started growing, they would remove them. Some disappeared on their own, one or two were removed after a few years. I have never chosen to have them biopsied. She has one now on her lip that has been there several years.

That was my thought too always better safe then sorry. I actually had a friend over this weekend who is a vet tech a few towns away from me and in her opinion it was nothing serious. She just told me to watch it.