Need Chemo Help. Girl Having Rough Time.

Guest beetle_slayer

a_daerr, I just looked at Henry's pedigree just out of curiosity. My Barbie's grandsire was Gable Dodge. Someone had mentioned a study about GD descendants having osteo. I think this is a very inconclusive study given the amount of offspring he had. Also, couldn't the efforts be put to better use? Just my .02.

I hear you. I mean, if the purpose of the study was to eventually stop breeding the dogs that produced offspring with OSA, that's one thing. But you're right, it's very inconclusive, and has the potential to make some dogs less adoptable. I did get in touch with a few owners of Hen's littermates, though. If there is a genetic link, I wanted them to be on the alert if one of their dogs started showing symptoms.

Guest beetle_slayer

Our first grey, Sophie, was Gable Dodge's daughter. She slipped coming in on the wet floor and fractured her hip. We did surgery. Six weeks later, she slipped again and broken her femur (Same leg). We opted for surgery once more as she still had a good chance of recovering. A week later, I took her in to address an incision wound and she had broken her femur again. The vet said she didn't see any sign of cancer, and we chose to pass on any kind of biopsy because it just didn't matter. This doesn't sound like cancer to me as it was in several places in her bone. Very tragic and painful end for this poor old soul. She was 10. I have Gable Dodge's greyt-grandson. I pray he is spared from this.

Anyway, Barbie has her second round scheduled next Thursday and I have been fattening her back up. Hopefully her next round will go much better. I plan to medicated before and keep going.