Help With Belly Bands

Guest Houston1219

Guest Houston1219

We had two belly bands custom made for Houston forever ago, but after one unsuccessful use (he didn't pee, just came home to find dog and band in separate rooms) we kind of forgot about them. Now I think they would be helpful in "fine tuning" potty training (see post "did we accidentally train this?" in training and behavior).

How should they fit? How snug is snug enough? Being a woman with my first male dog, I was afraid to "squish his boy parts" (feel free to laugh at me!) but obviously it was too loose. Is there a rule of thumb like fitting collars? E.x. "x amount of fingers" tight?

Guest kkaiser104

I always tell my customers they need to be tight enough that they don't rotate around the body. I can probably get 1 finger under my boy's.

I am hoping Ms. Susan will chime in here. I think she had some specially made for George that had elastic on them for a better fit. I may need to get my boy a belly band too.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG