Has anyone had a Greyhound that no matter how much you brush needs a dental every 6 months to a year? I brush 5 times weekly and Fanny had a dental in Feb.with her spay prior to adoption. I'm thinking she's going to need a dental again in December. Ugh.:(

Kristen mom to-

Sp FancyPants (Fanny)- 4.20.12 Adopted 3.8.14

Rico's Maggie (Maggie)- 12.3.12 Adopted 1.21.15

Frannie's the same way.

We've had her for three years - she's had three dentals. I brush twice a day, morning with Oratene

and nightly with either Petzlife or Denta Sure. I switch off between those two every other night.

I have to say that since we started the Denta Sure her teeth are probably 100 percent better.

Guest greytkidsmom

Yep. Our boy is one of those every 6 monthers. The longest he went was 13 months - right after he got the dental vaccine. We used food additives, water additives, mouth rinses, dental sealants, you name it. His gums just get so inflamed that his toothbrush becomes saturated in blood. It is what it is. We trust our vet and she has sedated him so many times she knows just how much to give and what he needs to wake up. Don't beat yourself up. Periodontal disease is just that, a disease and part of the treatment in addition to regular brushing is frequent dentals. Not gentle on the pocketbook but necessary to keep our boy healthy.