Shaking Back Legs?

Guest taylorsmom

Guest taylorsmom

Hello everyone--

It has been a long time since I have posted here! I am very worried about my 10 year old greyhound Taylor. In the past two days she has developed a very significant tremor in both hind legs. This only occurs when she stands, sometimes when she walks. She is not limpling, she also has no problem leaping up on the couch, etc. This has happened occasionally when she has run hard, but usually passes in an hour or so. This has been going on since yesterday, and does not appear to be fading.

Could it be "old age" or something more serious?? Is a vet visit in order??

Thanks so much for any help or insight, greatly appreciated!!!!

Nancy and Taylor

Guest taylorsmom

Ah, thank you Brandimom! I just am concerned because I thought she was a little young for this, but she is going to be 11 in July, so maybe not so young.

I have noticed my new girl, who turned 10 this month, is a little unsteady on her back legs occasionally, and twice now, after running hard in the backyard both back legs were shaking, like muscle tremors all over. She didn't seem to notice, and it went away after a few minutes, so I just put it down to being older, I don't know what her activity level was in her former home, either. I intend to keep a close eye on it, but that's all for now.