Tylan Capsules Vs Powder

I give my whippet tylan powder since she has stomach problems for years. she is 15. I buy the capsules on amazon. there is a fast simple capsule filler little plastic thing that fills 50 to once. done is 10 minutes. Cost $10. Cheapest places is Tractor Supply Company or Amazon for the powder . Get both capsules and Tylan Powder in 1 purchase on amazon. Pop it into the back of the mouth and done. Try a few granules of it, it is ungodly awful !!!! Capsules are a life saver.

No need for prescription for the tylan powder.

Dixidoll: thanks so much! What size capsule do you use & how much Tylan powder in each one for your whippet? I'm trying to determine what capsule size I need to accommodate 1/4 teaspoon of Tylan powder... Do you have an opinion regarding veggie caps vs gelatin caps--which one works better for filling & for not dissolving too quickly? THANKS!

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm wanting to fill my own veggie capsules with the Tylan powder for Molly. Can anyone tell me what size capsule to buy that will hold approx 1/4 teaspoon? Is size 00 correct?

MorganKonaAlex: how much powder did size 000 hold?

Thanks for your help!

size 00 holds 1/4 teaspoon. My notes are not complete. I didn't record how much Tylan I was giving Morgan in the 000 capsules. Sorry.

For my 30 # whippet I use "0" capsules. It says (0.68ml ). Don`t know how much that is but it does the job. I just tried the 1/4 tsp and just about 1/2 fit in so probably hold 1/8 tsp. I get the Gelatin caps and do not have a problem. they are fairly cheap. I would think the 00 would be the size for a greyhound then. When filling make sure you push the top down until you feel it lock. Just keep squeezing it you will feel the click,

According to Google, a quarter of a teaspoon is 1.23223 ml.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)