Raw Eaters.... Some Answers....

RobinM

Someone had asked what to do when their raw fed dogs wont eat the raw liver, kidneys and other yummy (gross) things.

My Teddy did not like the consistency of the liver and kidney type of stuff so what I would do was mix it in with whatever ground or minced food they were getting. That worked and this way he received all the nutrients he needed from the liver.

Someone else asked what I give as a fill in. For my raw fed dogs, I take a package of frozen cut carrots and cook them just to defrost them. I put them in a blender with a little water and a package of sardines in water.

blend/mix together and wa la. Mish mash. They love it. I use it JUST as a fill in. Not part of their meal.

For my kibble dogs, I put one cup of cooked sliced carrots in with their evening meal. It bulks up the food, fills them up and has virtually no calories.

Carrots are a great filler in our house.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Someone had asked what to do when their raw fed dogs wont eat the raw liver, kidneys and other yummy (gross) things.

My Teddy did not like the consistency of the liver and kidney type of stuff so what I would do was mix it in with whatever ground or minced food they were getting. That worked and this way he received all the nutrients he needed from the liver.

Someone else asked what I give as a fill in. For my raw fed dogs, I take a package of frozen cut carrots and cook them just to defrost them. I put them in a blender with a little water and a package of sardines in water.

blend/mix together and wa la. Mish mash. They love it. I use it JUST as a fill in. Not part of their meal.

For my kibble dogs, I put one cup of cooked sliced carrots in with their evening meal. It bulks up the food, fills them up and has virtually no calories.

Carrots are a great filler in our house.

This Carrot/Sardines mish mash..... could that be used in place of "gravey"...????

Guest Marsroving

I sauté celery with carrots very lightly...I throw in a little blood left overs and butter. I've actually watched my boy lick this mix off of this meat before getting down to the serious chewing.

I've also been using broccoli, although I guess some people say dogs shouldn't eat it.

my dog loves broccoli and cauliflower and brusel sprouts... but these three make her very gassey.... so to save the entier state, or the city at the very least, I limit how much of this I give her. these are treat items I give her to enhance her nutrition.