So Does It Matter Who Goes Through The Door First?

I go first, the dogs go first, whatever is more convenient. The important thing, IMO is that if you ask, the dog will wait. I do think it is bad manners for a dog to rush out of the door/drag the owner out, so in those cases I do think it's beneficial that the dog is taught to wait. For a dog who is already has manners, I don't think it makes a difference.

Guest Waterdog66

Audrey always waits at the threshold of the door.

She sits patiently while I clip on her leash and put on her jacket if it is cold.

She only seems to understand "GO" if I am facing in the direction we are going to by definition, I must go first. (If I look at her and say go, she stand there like "Hey Dummy, you are going the WRONG WAY!" :flip

How about option 3? We go out at the same time! Mostly because Hester won't go out if I don't and when I do move he has to be right there. Sometimes we're like the Three Stooges getting stuck trying to decide who should go first. Good thing he is so narrow.

:D The mental image made me laugh!

61bd4941-fc71-4135-88ca-2d22dbd4b59a_zps

Payton, The Greyhound (Palm City Pelton) and Toby, The Lab
Annabella and Julietta, The Cats
At the Bridge - Abby, The GSD

So funny that you say that...ever since his first trip to Petsmart last weekend, he tries to run out into the garage everytime we go to leave. He will just stand next to the car waiting. I have to tell him to stay while we are going out the door, which he has a really hard time doing.

Yeah, Dane has perfect manners when it comes to all other doors, but for the garage door, he has to be the first one in. He looooooooves car rides XD

She only seems to understand "GO" if I am facing in the direction we are going to by definition, I must go first. (If I look at her and say go, she stand there like "Hey Dummy, you are going the WRONG WAY!" :flip

That nearly caused a mouthful of water on my keyboard. Thanks for the laugh. :)