Rocket Was Bitten Today!

Guest Rocket

Guest Rocket

Poor Rocket! My sister came to visit with her lab mix and they went outside to play and we heard a cry only to find two puncture wounds on his side.

I cleaned the wounds with Hibicleanse and put antibiotic ointment on the wounds. I will check for any signs of infection and if I see any take him to a vet.

I feel so badly for him - never thought that would have happened. I think my sister's dog is afraid of big dogs.

Not sure how to handle future visits.

Any thoughts?

Other dogs don't realize how fragile a grey's skin is. My first girl once got nipped on the butt by a neighbor's Australian shepherd trying to herd her where he thought she should go. After that, we let Oreo and Echo meet and sniff butts and play-bow to each other, but we kept them on leash and didn't let them run together.

ETA: The nip to Oreo's butt was revenged when I got Sam. Sam was seriously high-prey, and when he saw that nub-of-a-tail twitching on Echo's butt, he went for it. Didn't break the skin, but Echo learned to stay well away from Sam.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Muzzles on both during play. All play supervised.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life