Aww- He Played With Me For The First Time Today!

Guest Rocket

Guest Rocket

Rocket has a green squeaky ball that I got for him - I rolled it on the floor and he chased after it and returned it to me! We did this a bunch of times and then we took it outside. He played outside and ran fast to catch it.

It was great to see him having so much fun.

I see him coming out of his shell more and more each day :)

Guest Scouts_mom

Wonderful!

Before long he will learn that it is also fun to watch his person retrieve the ball when he drops it halfway back to you!

Edited by Scouts_mom

It took Emmie around three months to learn how to play. It's so wonderful when they finally do! My husband bought her a ball that looks like a tennis ball but is slightly larger and has a squeaky inside. It is her new favourite thing and she was chasing it around the bedroom this morning while I was getting ready to go to the gym and he was trying to sleep. That will teach him! :beatheart

Guest Amis_Ma

Yay for Rocket; exciting isn't it! Ours has brief play bursts where she plays by herself or with us, than quickly lays down and passes out :hehe I hear from others that this is a common thing in greys....silly dogs!

Guest Marsroving

Mars didn't play for 3-4 months. I actually cried when he went after a ball the first time and brought it back! I was at the point where I thought it just wouldn't happen!

Guest LunaTheGreyt

Luna, I have had Rocket for 3 weeks and he is such a sweetie! I see that you are from Northern Va- where? I'm in Leesburg.

Aww that's so awesome he's already playing! I'm in Manassas. There are quite a few people from NoVa here. There's a greyhound playgroup at Frying Pan Park's equestrian center on the third Thursday of every month. I missed the August one, but am planning to go to the next one. Here's the link and the schedule:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/greyhoundplaygroup

September 19th

October 24th

November 21st

December 19th

Maybe we'll see you there! :)

Edited by LunaTheGreyt