Diapers To Prevent Marking?

Guest Baci_Karma

Guest Baci_Karma

We adopted our girl Karma as a senior, she had never been a pet before. She is a sweet, wonderful girl but she seems to want to mark territory even more than our male. She's peed when we've gone into someone's home, even though we walked her around for a while first and let her pee/mark two or three times outside. She does not have a UTI and is a camel in our home, doesn't drink much and doesn't need to urinate much. If the home has carpet she is almost guaranteed to mark. We try bringing her in on a leash to prevent an opportunity to mark. If she doesn't mark in the beginning she is fine. We can manage this normally but we are going to the in-laws house and I was thinking about diapers in the beginning. I know we can try longer term behavior modification but the visit is next week, eeek!

Diaper recs or other tips?

I've never used them, but I've seen them at pet supply stores. I'm sure someone with more experience will jump in with more information. Sounds like you are on the right track with her by walking her first, keeping her close to you and under control.

You can buy bad girl panties at most large pet stores. Or use the girl panties for dogs in heat and put Serenity pads in it. (Don't use pads for "other" issues as they aren't meant for the volume of liquid in a short time.)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest Baci_Karma

Thanks for the responses! Since I don't have kids I'm not an experienced diaperer, any suggestions on dog diapers versus human diapers that might fit her skinny little bum (56 pounds), what size?