New Flea & Tick Product - Is It Safe For Greys?

Guest Luvagrey

Guest Luvagrey

My husband works for the Humane Society and he was given two boxes of Ovitrol X-Tend "Flea & Tick Spot On" for Dogs (51-80 lbs.). This is apparently new product by Vet Kem, whose Ovitrol collars and spray have been on the market for awhile. I did some research and found Ovitrol collars and spray listed on a couple of greyhound info pages as safe to use, but before we try it, has anyone here seen it or heard about it? From NGAP's website -- " We recommend Vet Kem’s Ovitral Plus Flea Spray or their Flea and Tick Shampoo. "

We have two female greys, 62 lb. and 73 lb.

Thanks in advance!

:ghplaybow Susan in Dayton, Ohio

Cher (10) and Occi (6) :paw

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't try a new product on my dogs unless I had to.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I have never heard of it. But, about 4 months ago my Vet said I should try the Bayer collar. I was very nervous and called Bayer with some questions..After several days of thinking about it, I put them on my two. They advertise they are good for 8 months. They are good for fleas and ticks and are "break-away". They were $60.00, but the company sent you $20.00 back in the mail. So far, I am very happy with them. I am starting to volunteer at Animal Control and they could probably use some donations.