Sentinel And Frontline Plus?

Guest driser

Guest driser

We can no longer use Heartgard. It's effects on our GH have worsened with each dose with last month being an emergency trip to vet with severe bloody colitis. Vet told me Sentinel is the new Interceptor, but I see it also treats fleas. We use Frontline Plus for fleas and ticks. We live in CT (USA) near Lyme, CT (home of, you guessed it...) so we can't forgo tick protection. Does anyone else use Sentinel AND Frontline Plus?

Before the stop of production of Sentinel, I used both Sentinel and Frontline Plus for Maddie with no problems. We went to Heartgard during the time that we ran out of Sentinel and I am planning on going back to Sentinel once we run out of Heartgard.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest IrskasMom

I just purchased today Sentinel for the first Time ( used Heartguard before) . I will use Frontline Plus for Tick Prevention.

Edited by IrskasMom

Sentinel only 'treats' fleas in that it keeps flea eggs from hatching. It does nothing to kill adult fleas, so you have to use another product like Frontline to actually kill any adult fleas your dog might pick up. I don't consider Sentinel to be a true flea control product, just added protection that you won't get an infestation in your house.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest driser

Thank you for all the input! We administered FL-Plus last week and will give dose 1 of Sentinel a go this week.

Praying it doesn't do to him what Heartgard has been doing to him! :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest driser

UPDATE - first dose of Sentinel (one week after Frontline Plus)...NO harsh side effects like we ended up having with Heartgard. So grateful!

Great news! Thanks for the update!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest dexter

i have used sentinel plus for over 20 years with no problems, when they stopped making it, i picked up enough at my vets for last year and this year.