Drontal Question

Guest HeatherLee

Guest HeatherLee

My grey is 64 lbs .. I'm going to order some drontal plus for him but I'm confused about the dosage.. I'm trying to be cost effective but I want to do it right.. It's suggested for dogs over 60 lbs to do 1.5 136mg pills.. At $30 per pill... How necessary is buying an extra pill for 4lbs of body weight? The website is confusing as it has a 45-60 lb dog as medium or large with different dosages.. So the question is..if any of you have a dog this size.. How much have you used effectively?

Link to website

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Drontal+Plus-prod10346.html

Have you checked the price at your local vet? Our vet charges $3 for a pill that does 15 pounds. Then there is someplace I order on the internet that is cheaper. I think they might come from the UK. I have to find the place myself again to place an order. I would ask here on GT for other places the people order from.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I hear ya! Drontal is ridiculously expensive. I've gotten generic Drontal for my cats from the_medicineshop on Ebay. I believe they sell it for dogs also. But if you're going to get it from the vet, I'd get the 60+ formula. Better to be on the safe side. You can never be too vigilant with worms!

I get my Drontal Plus chewable flavor tablets from www.petsuppliesnet.com (no vet Rx required, out of Australia I believe): $74.95 + $5 shipping, 6 tabs per order, 136 mg each tab, 1-1/2 tabs (what my vet prescribed) for Sheba's (70 pounds) treatment. From that order giving 1-1/2 tab each treatment, you get 4 treatments. That comes to only about $20 a treatment.

After getting the Drontal Plus at the vet the first time around and paying about $55 for that one treatment, I decided to have it on hand and purchased from www.petsupples.net. Saved a lot of money!