Royal Canin Food

Guest DeniseL

I used HP (hydrolyzed protein) for Miami when we were trying to figure out what was going on with his tummy. He really loved it and he had firm stools. We were able to eventually wean him off and back into our regular kibble, turns out it was not a protein issue he was dealing with. Thank god, too, cause the HP was not cheap....

Guest Isabella

I received a free trial bag of Royal Canin Dental food, the chunks are very large and Izzy loved it!!! Unfortunately though her mama can't afford it , $31.00 for 7 lbs :jaw

I'm a Hill's girl personally. Summit eats the Hill's J/D, however if we get an open bag return of the Royal Canin Mobility Support or a bag goes out of date I will take it home and feed that. Summit likes it, his stools are good on it. I'm sure there's not much difference from the J/D, but what can I say... I like Hill's arbitrarily.

Now, I did try to feed the RC Development when I got Kili but she had mad gas and soft stool on it. Switched her to the Hill's Healthy Advantage Puppy and she still had gas and soft stool. Finally tried the Purina Veterinary Pediatric and that's what she's been on ever since.

The nice thing about the veterinary diets is you can return them if your dog hates it or doesn't do well on it, so whatever food you're thinking of you can try it and see what happens. It doesn't really matter what anyone here thinks, it's what your dog thinks about it and how they do on it.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

We use Royal Canin PV--potato and venison, since Daisy has food allergies. Both of mine eat it since I had too much grazing in each others' bowls when there were two foods involved. It is very expensive, $87/25 lbs bag on Chewy, but both dogs really seem to like it.

Since the one we use is a prescription diet, the vet needs to be contacted, but Chewy will do that for you. They also give a discount ($15, IIRC) if you set up automatic shipment. I love auto ship, it cuts out one errand, keeps me from running out of food, and Chewy is $13 a bag cheaper than the one vet who carries it. There is also no shipping charge.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04