Crates

Guest lovnmygreys

Guest lovnmygreys

I'm so close to ripping my hair out! I LOVE my pups, truly, but if I have to come home to any more disasters I'm going to scream. All of the sudden, after four months of living here, they've turned into diggers. And I mean big time. As much as I hate the idea, I think I'm going to have to start crating them when we are at work and maybe hire a service to come out and walk them in the middle of the day...

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know where to grab crates large enough for greyhounds (I need two) that aren't going to break the bank?!

Guest amanda3784

We actually got an enormous crate at Petco that was perfect size for Henry, and he is 72 pounds. The problem is that he has become an escape artist and somehow manages to open the door from the inside.

We actually got an enormous crate at Petco that was perfect size for Henry, and he is 72 pounds. The problem is that he has become an escape artist and somehow manages to open the door from the inside.

When Bu had anxiety he destroyed a Petco crate in a couple hours. The Midwest brand is less expensive and much better quality.

Guest lovnmygreys

The largest crate size that Midwest has that I can find is 48x30x33. That just doesn't seem like it would be enough room. :-( Lucy is about 65 lbs and Al is about 80 lbs.

The 48" crate should be big enough for most greyhounds. Most people use either the 42" or 48" long crates. My greys are small (57 lb girl and 65 lb boy) and they are both fine in the 42".

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg