Cut Lip/mouth

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

Came home today and Ronon had gotten a can of dog food out of the trash and cut the inside of his mouth/lip area and it was swollen out. It is not bleeding or anything, but it puffy. I started him on cephalexin and swabbed his mouth with peroxide. It seems to have gone down a bit and not as puffy. He ate supper fine.

Anything other suggestions? Is oral analgesic ok for dogs to numb it b/c I'm sure it hurts.

I don't think I'd give him anything to numb it for the same reason the dentist doesn't want you eating when you're all Novocaine'd-up: he's likely to hurt himself worse, I think, if his lip is numb.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest WhiteWave

I feel bad for him. The vets office is closed tomorrow. But I am not sure if there is really anything they can do for him. It it like a papercut to his gumline and the lip is puffed out and hard. He is feeling really sorry for himself.