Pet Insurance

Received a letter from Healthy Paws today informing me that as of the new year Alternative Therapies will be covered at no additional cosines incl chiropractic, acupuncture, hydrotherapy, & rehab services. Nice to hear.

:clap I so wish I had Healthy Paws for Zuri right now. He's been doing PT for his LS and the visits are almost $150 every week or two. I haven't submitted most of them to VPI yet, but with their allowances I know I'll get virtually nothing back since I've already received some reimbursement for the initial consults. :(

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

That's weird, Healthy Paws covered Legs' chiro & acupuncture the last couple of months, no questions asked. But glad to hear it's a blanket policy now. But I'm guessing the premiums will also go up in 2013 :unsure

It should be a smaller increase, more along the lines of hwat they originally predicted. But yeah, you're going to have annual increases with any pet insurance policy.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I got my puppy spayed today and with bloodwork, the spay, pain meds, e-collar, microchipping and registration the total was $200. So with PetAssure, I paid $150 to the vet.I'm pretty happy with it. Took another dog for her DHLPP shot and it was $15, so I paid $11.25.