It Wasn't Funny At The Time..

Guest SeeJoy

This morning in my section of NE PA it stated raining at 4am. Hard enough, that I could hear it, and it was a downpour!

4 am doesn't seemed so early, because my work week alarm goes off at that time every morning :)

I need to get out of bed then so I can get the dogs taken care before I need to leave for work at 5am.

My BF works from home 3 days a week but Wednesday and Fridays he leaves and hour or so after I do,(we have a dog walker that comes in mid-day to take the girls out).

My normal routine once the alarm goes off is this:

Pull a shirt and pants on, go downstairs with 2 very happy greyhounds who I let out in our fenced back yard to do "first" potty, while I put my shoes on.

Dressed for the outdoors I go out with both collars and leashes and the three of us go for a fast paced 20 minute pre-breakfast walk.

While I am out with Sofie and Roo, my BF gets up and takes our 13 yr. old JR out for her short walk around the block and we all meet up at the corner nearest our house then head inside together for doggy breakfast.

This morning we had a missing step in our routine..

When I opened the back door to let the 2 greys out, our newest, at 2weeks, "Roo", ducked her head and went right out back.

Not so our Sofie, who we adopted 5 weeks ago.

Sofie is wonderful!

But she doesn't like the rain..nope.

No rain.

She doesn't do rain.

So...Sofie stopped dead once she saw the weather conditions...right there on the steps..under a small over hang... and didn't move until I opened the door 5 minutes later.

Of course she wanted to come back in..but I made her go for our walk..and she complained most of the way..and put on the brakes like 6 times...

There were many opportunities to go potty.

But she didn't go.

Until we got home, got towel dried, had breakfast, and I was in the kitchen washing the dog dishes.

My beautiful, wonderful, endearing Sofie went into the living room, what we now call the "grey" room and let lose with everything she'd stored up over night...

I really had to go Mom...

Sorry...

I don't do rain..

Oy! This is the reason my first Grey got her very own raincoat. Amazingly after a few brief outings in the raincoat she had very little complaints about the rain. Try to send her out without that raincoat &... well, good luck on that. :lol That was years ago & we no long need to suit her up for rain outings but we did for her first years with us. Will note that the raincoat was not one of those noisy, plastic or vinyl types. It was made from an outer layer of some highly water repellant material similar to Supplex with an inner layer of thin, soft, cotton material. It was light, breathable, highly flexible & apparently quite comfortable.

Before getting Greyhounds I made fun of people putting clothes on dogs. Then I got Venus. My how things have changed. :rofl

Guest sireltonsmom

Sir Elton is thunderphobic - Mindy could care less. I bought each of them Outward Hound raincoats. Sir Elton's is 8 years old and still repels the rain. As kudzu recommended, I'd say, get her a raincoat. Sure beats cleaning up inside :ghplaybow

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Yeah, good luck with that one!!! The queen diva, Sara, doesn't do rain or snow. We've had her for almost 10 years now. She still doesn't do rain or snow but I have to say, she has learned to hold it!!! It's amazing how, if it's raining, she can hold her pee for 10 hours!!! And it's not like I don't try to get her out during that time. She will get up, look outside, and go back to bed. Nice life she has.

And the snow, forget about it!!! If she gets snow in between her toes, she will stop dead still until you pick it out. In 2006 when I was 9 months pregnant in February, I was bending over to pick the snow out from her toes. I will NEVER forget that!

Guest FinnsMom

We've had Finn for a month now but the rain doesn't bother him at all which is good because it seems all it has done is rain since we brought him home. Then, we are back inside he stands on the rug and waits for me to dry him off with a towel. I'd still like to get him a raincoat though for the days when the rain is heavy and the wind is blowing.

Annie Bella hates the rain, and it was and is pouring here, but at 6:30 AM whe has to pee bad enough that she grudgingly did her thing and then immediately pulled to come back inside (no fenced yard so on a leash). She also always has to poo at first morning P&P, but wanted no part of it. Too bad for her. I shamed her into walking toward the back where she did her thing and then let her drag me back to the house. She's giving me stinky eye for not taking a walk this morning, but I've tried twice to get her to walk and both times she's turned tail to come back in. I also hate walking in the rain so will not shame/force her to walk in it. I knowwwww, there are many who walk rain, shine, snow or ice, and good for you. My self worth doesn't rest on a walk in the rain. :hehe

Edited by Feisty49

Yeah, good luck with that one!!! The queen diva, Sara, doesn't do rain or snow. We've had her for almost 10 years now. She still doesn't do rain or snow but I have to say, she has learned to hold it!!! It's amazing how, if it's raining, she can hold her pee for 10 hours!!! And it's not like I don't try to get her out during that time. She will get up, look outside, and go back to bed. Nice life she has.

And the snow, forget about it!!! If she gets snow in between her toes, she will stop dead still until you pick it out. In 2006 when I was 9 months pregnant in February, I was bending over to pick the snow out from her toes. I will NEVER forget that!

LOL!

I'd be happy with a, "I'll hold it in till my eyes turn yellow and the Sun comes out" attitude, but it looks like I'll be buying Sofie a rain coat before I buy her a winter one..lol

Will have to wait and see on the snow...or should I start construction on a "roof" for the back yard now ??