Info For Nutro Natural Choice Feeders

cleptogrey

well i called nutro today : i opened a new sack of NUTRO LAMB AND RICE LARGE BREED food the middle of last week and- gas, loose stools, hunger and grumbleing/squeaky tummies! & i'm not one to complain about tummy issues normally-annie has a cast iron gut. well NUTRO has changed thier recipe- NEW and IMPROVED-----less calories, less fiber(the two things that greys need) and some added "natural flavors"....mmmmm

the customer service reps suggestion....NUTRO MAX, lamb and rice is the old recipe.

so, if any of you who are feeding nutro natural choice- this is the scoop. just wanted to share this info

Half of my Annie Bella's diet is Nutro Venison with Potatoes (the other half is green-bag Iams). When I bought a new bag of the Nutro last week I noticed the words "New and Improved" and my heart sank. Why oh why do manufacturers of anything, from dog food to makeup, make changes when things work just fine. I've noticed that Annie B has been getting hungry for supper earlier in the afternoon. Maybe the reduced calories is the reason.

My girl has had no problems with gas or rumblings or loose stools but I think the Iams plus the couple of tablespoons of beet pulp are keeping her good.

call nutro and ask. i'm starting to think that many(not all) of the gi issues are results of "recipe changes" that we are not aware of. it's an 800#- no charge. how about boiled chop meat or turkey as a topper? you almost know what the ingredients are. i personally stay away from canned food, unless it's a boarder who WON'T eat.

call nutro and ask. i'm starting to think that many(not all) of the gi issues are results of "recipe changes" that we are not aware of. it's an 800#- no charge. how about boiled chop meat or turkey as a topper? you almost know what the ingredients are. i personally stay away from canned food, unless it's a boarder who WON'T eat.

He's a one-year-old "adolescent puppy" who needs to gain weight. I really don't use canned food much either, but I have him on canned puppy food for the calories. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Thank you for calling Nutro and posting here. We have been feeding Nutro Sensitive Stomach (chicken and oatmeal) for 3 years and in the last couple of months 1 of our hounds has had similar gas/loose stool issues. Of course we took her to the vet and had tests run to rule out other issues. Tests were all negative, she is FINE. Bottom line - even without calling Nutro, I had come to the conclusion the formula was changed and we have been transitioning our girl to Blue, Salmon and Potato. She is doing better now, thankfully.

I know costs of grain and meat are rising because of the drought ... can't help but wonder if that is part of the reason for the formula changes. It sure is tough when they make these changes ... :POed

The Nutro Company Hi Andrea - We have made minor changes to the Nutro Natural Choice formula which include removing the rice flour, synthetic vitamin K, egg product andd kelp. We have added rosemary extract, decaffeinated green tea extract and spearmint extract. Please feel free to contact the Customer Relations Team to discuss your needs at 1-800-833-5330. We look forward to hearing from you.

that's their reply to my inquiry via facebook. our dogs all need green tea,rosemary and spearmint...right???

The Nutro Company Hi Andrea - We have made minor changes to the Nutro Natural Choice formula which include removing the rice flour, synthetic vitamin K, egg product andd kelp. We have added rosemary extract, decaffeinated green tea extract and spearmint extract. Please feel free to contact the Customer Relations Team to discuss your needs at 1-800-833-5330. We look forward to hearing from you.

that's their reply to my inquiry via facebook. our dogs all need green tea,rosemary and spearmint...right???

In addition, did the dogs need egg product (and what is that -- the shells??), kelp and rice flour?

Guest FreeholdHound

After going through what seems like every bag of food available - BB, Fromm, Iams, Kirkland & the old Nutro I started Harry on the new formula Venison/Potato grain free. It has been a God send. The only food so far that he doesn't refuse after 2 days and that doesn't go right through him. In the past what he loved didn't love him & vice versa. I'm on my 3rd large bag and that's never happened before. I am thrilled to have found this

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SealDogMermaid

Ehk - thankfully we just started transitioning to TOTW High Prairie right before this "new and improved" nutro thing dropped. We are still gradually switching over but are almost done. I did happen to notice that when we got the last bag of new and improved Nutro is when Cody started leaving all the nutro kibbles behind and only eating TOTW ones where with the previous "old" bag (which was also mixed in with the TOTW) he would gobble it down fine - So relieved that we coincidentally made the switch before there were any weird reactions to the change. Phew!

well i called nutro today : i opened a new sack of NUTRO LAMB AND RICE LARGE BREED food the middle of last week and- gas, loose stools, hunger and grumbleing/squeaky tummies! & i'm not one to complain about tummy issues normally-annie has a cast iron gut. well NUTRO has changed thier recipe- NEW and IMPROVED-----less calories, less fiber(the two things that greys need) and some added "natural flavors"....mmmmm

the customer service reps suggestion....NUTRO MAX, lamb and rice is the old recipe.

so, if any of you who are feeding nutro natural choice- this is the scoop. just wanted to share this info

Wow, I had noticed the EXACT same thing with my dog recently, and I thought it was the new treats I bought. He's had squeaky gurgles in his stomach, loose stools, bad gas, and acting ravenous, whining at me and checking his bowl often (very unusual). Now I see why. Thank you so much for this post!!!

i hope that those of you who have experienced trouble contact the manufacturer. we should have a voice since we are shelling out the bucks. but i'm glad that my post has helped some owners.

btw- fully transitioned to blue seal lamb and rice kibble and the dogs are doing fantastic! i've been able to cut down a tad on portions- less stool and they are maintaining their weight. the price- 40# @$39 and it doesn't have any chicken(as iams does) which one of my dogs reacts to.it does have barley which is an excellent grain. coats still look good, energy is the same and they are NOT hungry and tummies settled. feed stores carry the blue seal products.