Guest dave

My greyhound, Jerry, is licking his bum but also his bum cheeks about 4 inches away from his bum, he has been to the vet, had his anal glands done and flea and worm treatment, this has been going on for some months. Occasionally licks other areas but is not scratching excessivly.

Flea or other athropod bite reaction/allergy most likely started it, then the over-active immune system found a food allergy, then the licking has turned into an obsession.

Suggest changing him over a week to a hypoallergenic dog food. (In the UK James Wellbeloved, or Arden Grange Ocean Fish and Potato, or what I feed most of the time which is Country Choice http://www.gelert-petnutrition.co.uk/prem-range.htm#adult. It's for working dogs and costs 25-30% less than similar brands)

Flea or other athropod bite reaction/allergy most likely started it, then the over-active immune system found a food allergy, then the licking has turned into an obsession.

Suggest changing him over a week to a hypoallergenic dog food. (In the UK James Wellbeloved, or Arden Grange Ocean Fish and Potato, or what I feed most of the time which is Country Choice http://www.gelert-pe...range.htm#adult. It's for working dogs and costs 25-30% less than similar brands)

He is already on James Wellbeloved lamb and vegetable, hypoallergenic (green bag) I think you may be right about it being obsession, if I tell him to stop he stops. Thanks for your suggestions.