Turkey Necks

Guest lbooras

Can I ask a stupid question? Where do you get turkey necks?? or chicken feet?? I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere!

They seem like great treats... do they sell them at the grocery store or do you have to go to a butcher shop?

Also, the bones are so soft that they don't catch in their throats or anywhere else on the way out?? :dunno

We have a food vendor here in LA that sells to the restaurant industry, they also sell retail, but everything is in bulk. So, the smallest amount of turkey or duck necks I can buy is 30lbs, the same with chicken feet. If there isn't a vendor like that in your area a lot of times you can find necks and feet in ethnic markets such as those serving the Asian or Latino communities. Also, go to a local butcher shop and chat them up, they may sell them to you!

Yes! Winn-Dixie sells them. Depends on the area you live too, whether they carry them or not. Ethnic markets might. Sometimes i can get them at Wal-mart. My local grocery store, Rouses, has them from time to time.

Is there anything that I need to do to prepare the Turkey Neck? I have always heard that chicken and turkey bones can be fatal to dogs...

Feed them raw either frozen or thawed. Never ever feed them cooked, that's when the bones are dangerous and splinter.

Oh yes, frozen or raw. If they're raw, make sure they are super fresh. I've had upset tummies b/c of that.