Reassurance Needed

Guest AceyGrey

Guest AceyGrey

Hi guys,

This may sound like a very silly question but Ace's bones seem to click a lot, I think the click is coming from his legs.

I know often a clicking sound is to do with trapped nitrogen within the joint, but I wondered if there may be any other reason for this?

I did search online for answers but the answers were both and helpful and slightly worrying.

He has cod liver oil capsules which are said to help with joints, is there anything else I can give him to help with his joints?

I am probably overreacting, but I am a first time greyhound owner and a first time dog owner (my parents owned dogs before I was born and at 20 I still live with them, although Ace is my dog), so if I am being silly I apologise for my silly post.

Guest LindsaySF

It might not be from the bones. My Andy has clicking in one hind leg and the vet and his PT think it's a tendon slipping in and out of place (eww). He has an old racing injury to that leg. But usually clicking and crackling is arthritis.

Is your dog limping? If he doesn't seem to be in pain or distress, I'd just add some joint supplements to the fish oil. If he does seem to favor a certain leg, I'd get it checked out.

Guest AceyGrey

Well he has limped before on one foot and it does slightly swell occasionally, normally after his mad dashes. But this is not a regular thing. I thought this may be an old racing injury (he finished racing aged 2 after 13 races with good results)

I think I might get my vet to check it out.