No Clue!

I don't know what is going on with our girl. Darla has been with us for a year and couple of months with no problems. We moved to a larger house this past month and now she is having accidents, chewed on cornerS, and I just saw a spot on the wall behind our couch that she has been licking. Oscar our oldest greyhound has had no issues with the move and our puppy(who has been wrongly accused of the issues before I saw Darla doing it) has been fine as well.

I need some advice on how to fix this! She cannot be crated. She has broken teeth from when her fosters tried crating her and she just freaks out if I even attempt to put her in one.

I am thinking maybe she is not getting enough one on one attention?

I'm still learning myself, but, assuming there's no physical issue, it appears to me that she's having a lot of anxiety about the new place. I'd give her a lot of special attention, including walks with just one of you and her and lots of good chatter where you use her name often so she knows it's all about her. Good luck!

I don't know if tihis will help but I'm thinking that maybe taking her for frequent walks so that all the new smells become familiar to her. Maybe that would make her feel more at home. Also, just like with kids when moving...make sure all her stuffies are there because that's something else that's familiar. Don't know if any of these suggestions will help as I don't know as much as a lot of other folks on this site. I wish you luck and I guess like everything else time is part of the cure!

Can you baby-gate her into one room as an alternative to crating? It sounds to me like she's having trouble adjusting to the new house. She needs time and a little remedial potty training. Just to show her that the new house is the same as the old one even though it smells all different. Another possibility is that a dog used to live there (was the house previously owned, or is it brand new?) and she can smell that. If the previous dog had accidents, it could stimulate her to mark. Have you shampooed the carpets?

Edited by jetcitywoman

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow