Blue Buffalo

When I couldn't get TOTW due to the recall, I switched to Blue Buffalo grain free. Sticking with it because the dogs are doing very well on it. Anyway, I happened to stop in the local Tractor Supply store and found the Blue Buffalo Grain Free for 8 dollars cheaper than the Pet Store I usually go to. Now, I love our local pet store (family owned and been around a long time) and will continue to get other pet supplies there but, that is a big difference in price. I also checked the prices on TOTW which were comparable wonder why the discrepancy with Blue Buffalo.

Linda, Keeva and Jack

Usually has to do with the distributor they buy through. TSC buys in huge quantities and often has very good prices. Our local feed store does a lot of volume, yet on some foods they just can't come close to the big places on price because of the distribution channel they have to buy through.

Many of the manufacturers do not do direct sales to the stores, especially on smaller quantities of less than a pallet at a time. Buying through a distributor where there's a higher product and transportation cost may be the local store's only option to carry certain foods.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest ndgrey

Around here, we started buying Sal's food from TSC instead of the pet stores so we wouldn't have to support a store that sells live animals as a main facet of their business plan . (I know, I know tsc gets chicks in the spring.)

If you're already at tsc I'd recommend checking out the 4health store brand- it's $37 for a 35 lb bag! (I'm not sure if you're trying to avoid switching back to a diamond product though?) We found the 4health salmon and potato formula when we were in there buying the TOTW Pacific Stream and noticed that the ingredient lists were nearly identical .

Sal wolfs it down and has had amazing poops ever since. :)

Up here in MN/ND we were really fortunate and weren't affected by the recall.

*so sorry, I just reread and saw that you mentioned that you were sticking with it! We really have enjoyed our trips to our local tsc though, Sal is welcomed here and the staff is always so friendly.

Edited by ndgrey

I wish our TSC here carried decent food at cheap prices! I sometimes buy the small bags of BB grain free (the one with the wolf on the front). It costs about $22 (not including tax) for a small 4.5 lb bag. Just wondering how that compares to your prices in the States.