Incontinence And Grain Free Dog Food

I have been feeding grain free for a while now... then due to some diarrhea issues, I recently switched to the all powerful

Iams Green bag! :)

after 2 weeks of solid poops everyone is happy except spirit who is now showing signs of incontinence...

Is this a coincidence?

should i find a grain free they all can eat with no adverse reactions,, either with pee or poop ---

thanks!

what we would all give for a magic wand,,, i need an emoti that sprinkles fairy dust! :blush

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Might just be a coincidence so I would probably first suspect a UTI rather than the food. Get a urinalysis with a culture to check.

If you went from IAMs to a grain free that had a higher level of protein, then I might suspect the food.....

Guest barkdogs

Lots of carbs can contribute to UTIs, so if it becomes chronic, the grain might be an issue. Is Spirit a male or female dog?

My 9yr little girl,, healthy as a horse,, the only one in my pack that i don't worry about,, until now :rolleyes:

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14