Hypothyroid And Murmur

Guest bernadette

Guest bernadette

He is... but I was just reading about LS and so many of those symptoms sound like him... and I'm back to the whole hypochondriac thing. The animal communicator DID say nerve issue... I just rrealized that. Maybe she was on to something...?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you are accumulating some data to work with and especially glad that your boy is feeling a bit better!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest bernadette

Thanks everyone, it makes it so much better to have a support system.

QUESTION... does anyone know of pictures or video of Dr. Stacks test for LS? I am not sure I did it right, but if I did, I think Vinnies hind end just kind of melted. He didn't 'collapse', but 'melted'... I don't know how beter to describe it. I wasn't pushing too hard, I didn't want to hurt him- but I felt like if I pushed harder, he would have fallen. His hind end kind of 'gave way'. Can someone help me to understand positioning? Given Vinnies behavior lately (including the dragging), I had to question this. For those that buy into the whole animal comunicator thing... she did say she felt a pain like sensation going down the back of her legs (Vinnies legs) and thought it may be a nerve issue.

Good news about Vinnie! Do you think it's possible that he could have been reacting to the hot weather?

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Ok. This is so sad. You're looking so hard for answers and good veterinary advice and you've been let down.

I have one more suggestion which won't be very expensive...the symptoms you've described sound a lot like my bridge Angela Phoenix before he was diagnosed with a tick borne disease called babesia. The symptoms were subtle, but I knew something was off. He seemed depressed and got tired just walking across the street. His appetite was poor, also. Has Vinnie been tested for them?

How is he doing today?

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest bernadette

Vinnie is doing much better, thank you. the vet didn't feel this was anything tick related... In almost six years I've pulled only one off of him (about four or five years ago). What are the other symptoms? He definitely has his pep back and his appetite. Maybe it will forever be a mystery but I was shocked to see his back end go out from under my hands when I tried the LS test- which is why I'm wondering if I did it correctly.

It's important that you not do the LS test repeatedly (i.e., more than twice) at or near the same time. It can hurt (e.g., herniate) the disks further up the spine. You can watch the muscles bunch up mid-spine as they try to stay on their feet. I'll just add to chorus of voices saying you need a good vet.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest bernadette

Thanks Grey. I did it twice as I wasn't sure what I was seeing. I will find a grey-wise vet and get him evaluated. I so appreciate everyone's input.

Guest bernadette

Vinnie HAS been doing much better.

The last few days he has been eating two meals a day and walking much better. Just now he was incredibly slow on his walk (stopped a couple of times and I could hear his nails drag here and there) and hadn't eaten his breakfast- still. After the walk I hand fed him half the bowl (he wasn't interested otherwise) and then finished the second half himself. Then, right back to bed- upstairs, so he took the stairs even though he could have slept downstairs.

Good days and bad days I guess but I still don't know what causes the bad days.

Hopefully I can get him into the vet this week.

Edited by bernadette

Tick-borne diseases can remain dormant in a dog for years, and then flare up suddenly, even without any recent tick exposure. Depending on where Vinnie raced, he could be a candidate for a TBD, and lots of vets aren't aware of that. And since there are several TBDs out there, there are varying symptoms.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Second what KF says. IF your hound was a racer, chances are VERY good he was in places where tics are common.