9 Year Old Not Walking Right

Guest 4521walsh

Guest june

So sorry for your loss. In time you will be able to remember the good times without the tears. Sending prayers to help heal your hearts.

june

Guest 4521walsh

Just seeing this. So sorry for your loss, and your pain! God Speed your Lou!

Sending lots of love from me, and our five seniors! Dee

Dee Thanks for your kind words and the picture.

Oakly and Lou could have been twins. They look so much alike. Lou did have a little more white on his chest and a little white spot on his forehead. Looking at Oakly and his smile brings back some fond memories.

Guest 4521walsh

I'm so sorry for your loss. If he had been slowing down the past few months I bet it was cancer. Hemangio probably. I've lost two to that horrid disease. One just last week.

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Sorry for your loss as well. They take a little piece of you when they go, but the goos news is, we get to keep a piece of them as well.

I think you are correct. What other symptoms did you see? Lou tried to be his normal self, but just could not get going like he use to. We noticed he was eating a lot of grass at times which I think meant he was not feeling well. Also notice an extra consumption of water and at times he would vomit the water up. Never lost his appetite, but he never did had much of one anyway. Never saw a dog who never begged and eating was just something he HAD to do not what he wanted to do. He was such a peaceful dog. Never complained just went about his business "hanging" with us and enjoying the family or anyone else who came to visit. He was sure regardless of who came over, they came over to visit him.

Thanks everyone for you kind words and encouragement. As someone said, time will make it easier. Today for the first time in over 6 years I was not woke up by a wet nose nudging my arm to let me know it was time to get up and go for our walk. My wife and I discussed doing the walk in his honor this morning but we are not ready to meet all our other dog walking buddies and explaining what happened. Maybe next week? :gh_face

I am very sorry.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am very sorry for your loss. :f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead