Victor Premium

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

I had looked into this food a few years ago when recommended on another board. But never found it in my area. It is small, TX company and not sold much outside of TX. Looks like a decent food and I've seen plenty of good reviews. Plus the price on their regular line is nice, comparable to Diamond prices, but better ingredients IMO and more trustworthy company.

But anyways a while ago they came out with a grain free line and finally found them online for sale w/ free shipping so I've ordered some. Probably be a week before it comes, but I'm excited to try it. The Greys are eating Earthborn Primitive right now and my other dogs Earthborn Meadows Feast. Which we are happy with, but I like having a few different brands to rotate thru.

This is what I got the Greyhounds http://www.victordogfood.com/gf-ultra-professional/

Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Peas, Sweet Potato Meal, Beef Meal, Lamb Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Pork Meal, Flax Seed (Source of Omega 3 Fatty Acid), Dried Egg, Potassium Chloride, Dried Kelp, Natural Chicken Flavor, Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate, Montmorillonite, Blueberries, Monosodium Phosphate, Yeast Extract, Dried Chicory Root, Yeast Culture, Vegetable & Fruit Pomace (Carrot, Peas, Tomato, Celery, Beet, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress, Spinach, Cranberries, Blueberries), Vitamins ( Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B3), Vitamin A Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Source of Vitamin B5), Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Biotin (Source of Vitamin B7), Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Ascorbic Acid, Folic Acid (Source of Vitamin B9), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Carbonate), Salt, L-Lysine, Selenium Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid (Preservatives), Rosemary Extract.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein Min 42.0 % Selenium Min 0.4 mg/kg

Crude Fat Min 22.0 % Vitamin E Min 250 IU/kg

Crude Fiber Max 2.7 % *Linoleic Acid (OMEGA 6) Min 2.4 %

Moisture Max 9.0% *Linolenic Acid (OMEGA 3) Min 0.4 %

Zinc Min 150 mg/kg

Calorie Content: 3993 kcal/kg (479 kcal/cup) Calculated ME

And this one for my other dogs

Beef Meal, Sweet Potato, Chicken Meal (A Natural Source of Glucosamine), Peas, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Pork Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Dried Egg Product, Flax Seed (Source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids’) , Potassium Chloride, Dried Kelp, Natural Chicken Flavor, Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate, Montmorillonite, Salt, Vegetable & Fruit Pomace (Carrot, Peas, Tomato, Celery, Beet, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress, Spinach, Cranberries, Blueberries), Pumpkin Seed, Blueberries, Apple, Spinach, Monosodium Phosphate, Yeast Extract, Dried Chicory Root, Yeast Culture, Vitamins ( Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Ascorbic Acid, Folic Acid, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Magntesium Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Carbonate), L-Lysine, Selenium Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Glucosamine HCL, Chondroitin Sulfate, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid (Preservatives), Rosemary Extract.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein Min 33.0 % Selenium Min 0.4 mg/kg

Crude Fat Min 16.0 % Vitamin E Min 175 IU/kg

Crude Fiber Max 3.8 % *Linoleic Acid (OMEGA 6) Min 2.8 %

Moisture Max 9.0% *Linolenic Acid (OMEGA 3) Min 0.4 %

Zinc Min 150 mg/kg *Glucosamine Min 750 mg/kg

*Chondrotin Min 250 mg/kg

Calorie Content: 3640 kcal/kg (397 kcal/cup) Calculated ME

I had looked into this food a few years ago when recommended on another board. But never found it in my area. It is small, TX company and not sold much outside of TX. Looks like a decent food and I've seen plenty of good reviews. Plus the price on their regular line is nice, comparable to Diamond prices, but better ingredients IMO and more trustworthy company.

But anyways a while ago they came out with a grain free line and finally found them online for sale w/ free shipping so I've ordered some. Probably be a week before it comes, but I'm excited to try it. The Greys are eating Earthborn Primitive right now and my other dogs Earthborn Meadows Feast. Which we are happy with, but I like having a few different brands to rotate thru.

I've got no comment on how good this is but I am wondering if you switch around food often? It sounds like it from your post. My assumption is that your pups are fine with it and never had intestinal issues. Sounds wonderful and I'm envious. I've given up on finding a "better" kibble -- whatever that might be -- because Annie Bella immediately has bad poo.

Guest WhiteWave

We switch about every 2 bags. Currently been going thru the different flavors of Earthborn. None of my dogs have issues switching. They seem to prefer it. They like getting new kibbles. They get raw and home cooked too.

We switch about every 2 bags. Currently been going thru the different flavors of Earthborn. None of my dogs have issues switching. They seem to prefer it. They like getting new kibbles. They get raw and home cooked too.

::big sigh:: Again, I am envious. :) Annie Bella does well on one kibble, and I swear if I so much as *think* about changing, her poo deteriorates. Oh well...

Guest sirsmom

::big sigh:: Again, I am envious. :) Annie Bella does well on one kibble, and I swear if I so much as *think* about changing, her poo deteriorates. Oh well...

Same over here. We stick to brands like Purina One, Iams, Pro Plan or else!

Guest Roadtripper

Looks like good food to me--I would try it if they sold outside of TX. I currently feed Nature's Domain Salmon (lucky to be out of range of the recall), but I usually switch kibble 1-2 x per year, just cause they seem to get tired of it. I'm lucky that my pups can switch with no problems as well. I'm starting to dabble in raw now--might give it a try.

Good luck--hope they like it & do well on it.

Guest WhiteWave

Thanks. I'm ordering online as it isn't sold in my state either. www.rocketpetz.com It was shipped yesterday so should take a few days to get here. :)

Guest Roadtripper

Thanks. I'm ordering online as it isn't sold in my state either. www.rocketpetz.com It was shipped yesterday so should take a few days to get here. :)

I checked out the link--pretty good price for grain free. I'll have to remember this if they get tired of the Costco food & I haven't switched to raw. I'd be interested to hear how your pups do on it.

Looks good. I wish they had a variety without chicken. Princess cannot eat chicken. It's dard to find anything grain free without chicken that's reasonably priced.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

42% protein is a serious amount. (I don't mean it's too much -- just a lot compared to many other dog foods.) Add in the 22% fat, and no wonder it's 479 calories per cup.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest WhiteWave

The food they are eating now is 38 % protein and 20% fat.

The Victor has the same protein/fat levels as Evo. http://www.naturapet.com/products/1571

Earthborn Great Plains Feast, Meadows Feast and Coastal Catch are all very affordable Grain free choices w/o chicken. I have some that are sensitive to chicken, but have done ok as long as the food isn't chicken based. So I'm going to try a bag and see, if not I'll go back to the Earthborn. Casper usually gets really bad tear stains and diarrhea when fed some chicken based foods. But then he has eaten others and been ok, so not really sure what ingredient was the real problem.

www.doggiefood.com sells Earthborn for $45.99 a bag, buy two of the same flavor and drops to $42 a bag and they've been doing a lot of 10 and 15% off coupon codes. You can sign up for newsletter or like them on facebook. Shipping is free with the purchase of 2 bags and no sales tax.

Guest WhiteWave

The food came today! :) Dogs went gaga for it. Ronon was so funny, after he ate, he ran into the living room, gave me a kiss and got up and rolled all over the couch.

Ronon and Reba preferred the Professional, but Rebel preferred the Joint formula. He is the only one that has a sensitive tummy so I went ahead and fed him the Joint. So we'll see how it goes. It is very tiny pieces. If they do good on it I may just try them all on the joint formula as it will be easier to have them all on the same food.

Guest Roadtripper

That's cute about Ronon! Hope they all continue to like it. Would love to hear an update--I wasn't concerned about my Costco kibble since ours comes from Seattle and wasn't affected by the recall. But after reading the FDA report in the other thread, I wonder how safe all Diamond plants are or if the problems are isolated to SC.

The food they are eating now is 38 % protein and 20% fat.

The Victor has the same protein/fat levels as Evo. http://www.naturapet.com/products/1571

Earthborn Great Plains Feast, Meadows Feast and Coastal Catch are all very affordable Grain free choices w/o chicken. I have some that are sensitive to chicken, but have done ok as long as the food isn't chicken based. So I'm going to try a bag and see, if not I'll go back to the Earthborn. Casper usually gets really bad tear stains and diarrhea when fed some chicken based foods. But then he has eaten others and been ok, so not really sure what ingredient was the real problem.

www.doggiefood.com sells Earthborn for $45.99 a bag, buy two of the same flavor and drops to $42 a bag and they've been doing a lot of 10 and 15% off coupon codes. You can sign up for newsletter or like them on facebook. Shipping is free with the purchase of 2 bags and no sales tax.

That is a good price! Thanks for the info! I've never used any of these delivery services. Since Princess can't eat chicken or grain it's been a challenge to find something good that fits in my budget. And I'd love to find the perfect food that all three of mine would eat and do well on. A girl can dream, can't she? :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest WhiteWave

Out of all the foods I've tried, I like Earthborn the best. I haven't had an issue with one dog so far. They can all eat it and that is rare. Usually out of 9 dogs, one or more has an issue with a food and others do fine.

The Victor- everyone is fine, but Casper. He has the big D so he is back on Earthborn and is fine. I can switch between the 3 chicken free formulas w/o any digestive upsets on him. I think he just can't handle the chicken. He mainly has issues with foods with chicken in it.